The Peer EmPOWERment Fellowship
Are you an incoming freshman at the University of Memphis? Would you like to master academic and personal success skills while inspiring and empowering younger students to do the same? Become a Peer EmPOWERment Fellow!
The roles of a Peer EmPOWERment Fellow:
- Attend two courses during the Fall 2021 semester alongside other Peer EmPOWERment Fellows that will prepare you for your experience as a Success Coach: ACAD 1100 and PHIL 1102 - Intro to Ethics
- Train to continue your Success Coach career throughout your college experience
- Work up to 12 hours a week in a Shelby County High School classroom as a tutor and mentor
- Attend monthly personal, professional, and leadership development training
- Represent Peer Power by exhibiting academic and professional excellence
The benefits of being a Peer EmPOWERment Fellow:
- Earn college credit
- Earn competitive wages
- Build community while you learn and work with a diverse group of individuals who hold similar passions
- Network with local business and community leaders
- Learn skills that will prepare you for success in all areas of your life
- Earn a $500 book stipend upon successful completion of your first semester!