As we approach June 30th, the end of FY 2020, the Accounting Office is reminding financial managers, administrative officials, department heads, and directors of accounts to carefully review your financial activity and submit corrections to the Accounting Office as soon as possible.
Remember that you may monitor your account activity by accessing Banner Self-Service or Admin Pages. This allows you to review current activity within your account and eliminates the need to wait for e~Print reports.
|Book Airfare Reservation via Travelennium for Travel in FY20||Monday, June 8, 2020|
|Cancel, Adjust, Deobligate Remaining Balances on FY20 Requisitions||Friday, June 19, 2020|
|Time Sheet for BW13 Biweekly Payroll (June 6th - June 19th)||Friday, June 19, 2020|
|Complete Staples Purchase Orders||Monday, June 22, 2020|
|Settle Travel Advances for FY20||Monday, June 22, 2020|
|Submit Claims for Petty Cash Reimbursement||Monday, June 22, 2020|
|Online Budget Revisions Between Account Pools||Monday, June 22, 2020|
|Submit Invoices, Travel Claims, & Reimbursements to Accounting (FY20)||Wednesday, July 2, 2020|
|Submit Transfer Vouchers to Accounting||Wednesday, July 2, 2020|
|Time Sheet for Split BW14 Biweekly Payroll (June 20th - July 3rd)||Wednesday, July 2, 2020|
June 30, 2020 Preliminary Year-End Reports
On Thursday, July 2, 2020, preliminary year-end June reports will be available via e-print. Please review these reports and submit notification of corrections to the Accounting Office by Monday, July 6, 2020. The account activity is also available online at any time through Banner. NOTE: June – September 2020 final reports will not be available until mid-October 2020.
Please review your accounts for Tigerbuy Purchase Orders using the FPIOPOF screen in Banner Admin Pages or SSB Encumbrance Query to determine which open purchase orders require invoices, are no longer required, and which ones need to be carried forward into FY21. Please note that this review should be done throughout the year, as well as, at year-end. Travel Claims for FY20 Travel Purchase Orders should be in Accounting by July 2nd; FY20 Travel POs do not roll to the new fiscal year.
- Ensure all purchases received by Friday, June 26, 2020, are receipted in Tigerbuy by July 2nd. If invoices are sent directly to your department, please hand deliver them to the Accounting Office by the Thursday, July 2nd deadline.
- Outstanding purchase orders for goods and services not received by June 30th will be charged against FY 2021 funds.
- Purchases received by June 30th that were made outside of the Tigerbuy system should be reported to General Accounting at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 2nd, whether or not an invoice has been received.
- Orders submitted by June 25th to be delivered by June 30th will be charged to FY20.
- Orders delivered after June 30th will be charged to FY21.
Travel Purchase Orders
- Deobligate/Close travel purchase orders by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Submit outstanding FY20 travel claims to the Accounting Office by Wednesday, July 2.
- Travel that begins on or before June 30, 2020 and ends in July will be charged to FY21. Please submit all future year travel purchase order (FY21) requests to the Accounting Office using the Request for Future Year Travel Authorization available at https://www.memphis.edu/bf/forms/index.php#acct.
Should you require additional information, please contact the Accounting Office at x2271 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are the deadlines for current year (FY20) and future year (FY21) requisitions.
Please contact Procurement and Contract Services staff at x2265 or by e-mail at email@example.com if we can assist with your purchases. For your convenience, Tigerbuy Training may be scheduled through Learning Curve for anyone needing new or refresher training.
- Case-by-Case Request: FY21 All Sole source purchases that are $250K or greater with an effective start date of July 1st. These must have State of Tennessee Fiscal Review Committee (FRC) approval 75 days in advance of start/effective date of the contract.
- Wednesday, April 22: FY21 Purchase requests $10K or greater requiring BIDDING with an effective/start date of July 1st.
- Monday, June 8: Start FY21 Purchases, NOT requiring a bid, but have an agreement or a supplier’s terms and conditions that require a review by Procurement and Contract Services
- Monday, June 8: All FY21 Purchase requisitions submitted to Procurement and Contract Services via Tigerbuy, must have July 1, 2020 entered in the ‘Accounting Date field’ of the ‘Billing Options’ section for correct fiscal year budget. All FY21 Purchase Requisitions submitted through Tigerbuy will issue Purchase Orders to Suppliers beginning Wednesday July 1.
- Monday, June 15: For purchases to be charged against FY20 budget, the purchase must be physically received. If purchase is received after July 1st will be charged to FY21 budget.
- Monday, June 15: Review Purchase Orders with an open encumbrance in Banner and enter a Change Order Request form in Tigerbuy to cancel, adjust or deobligate encumbrances.
- Friday, June 26: PCard purchases for FY20 must post to the June statement by this date.
- Friday, July 3: Last day for FY20 PCard reallocations and approvals.