City of Memphis
A diverse city with rich history and culture
The City of Memphis is home to a diverse set of cultures from around the world. Immigrants have traveled here over the years and made their home in Memphis. As a result, there are many restaurants, festivals and cultural celebrations that reflect the unique backgrounds of the people that make up this city.
- Hosts a variety of festivals, concerts and events each year including many internationally
- India Festival, Memphis Italian Festival, Israel Festival, Persian Fest, Africa in April, Memphis Greek Festival, Memphis in May International Festival, Memphis Japan Festival, Dia de los Muertos Parade and Festival, Palestine Festival, Latino Memphis Festival, MusliMEMfest and more!
- Home to thousands of companies large and small, including major corporations like FedEx, AutoZone, International Paper, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Service Master
- #25 Best Places to Visit in 2020 “Memphis is bubbling over with soul and style.” - Forbes
- Top 5 cities for millennial population growth - Time 2017
- Top market for job seekers - Indeed.com 2018
- Memphis ranked #66 fo cities with the lowest cost of living in America - Niche
- The Best Places To Go in 2019 - Frommers
- Experience all four seasons with mild winters