The Friends of the University Libraries
The Friends of the University Libraries is an organization of volunteers from the campus and its surrounding community who desire to assist in fulfilling the mission of the University Libraries. We welcome you to our website and hope that you will want to join us and participate in the various activities offered by the organization.
Purpose of the Friends
- To develop public awareness and appreciation for the contribution the Libraries make to the University and its communities;
- To assist in the further development of the Libraries collection of books and material;
- To promote the proper use of the Libraries facilities by students, faculty and other qualified persons so as to enrich the cultural and intellectual life of the area;
- To serve in an advisory capacity when requested by the Dean of Libraries and the administration of The University of Memphis
- To assist in fund-raising both on campus and beyond, so that the resources and facilities of the Libraries may be maintained and expanded. The Friends are a key element of the library-development program of the University Libraries. Donors to the Friends through their membership remittances and gifts provide essential support to the educational mission and programs of the University Libraries.