Assistant Professor, Acquisitions and Collection Development Librarian
Professor Brunsting joined the University of Memphis Libraries in 2020. Her responsibilities include providing leadership for the processes and activities involved in the purchase or receipt of all Libraries resources regardless of format. She also participates in determining and planning strategic directions for Collection Management.
- BFA, School of the Art Institute of Chicago, 1993
- MLIS, University of Tennessee, 2008
- MBA, Christian Brothers University, 2020
- Open access literature
- Library allocation formulas
- Liaison programs
- Collection development
- Brunsting, K., Harrington C., and Scott, R.E. (Forthcoming). Principles and Practices for Open Access Literature in Libraries. Ed. Susan Thomas. Chicago: ALA Editions.
- Brunsting K. & Harrington, C. “Reaching Students Through Teaching” Serials Review 47, no. 3 (2021) invited article.
- “Library School Didn’t Prepare Me for Open Access”, League of Awesome Librarians web series, invited presentation, April 19, 2022.
- “Community Collection Development: How Data Impacts Resource Allocation”, Tennessee Library Association conference, Knoxville, TN, April 13, 2022.
- “The future is now: providing resources and access for our community”, Tennessee Library Association conference, Knoxville, TN, April 13, 2022.
- “Transforming Technical Services: Embracing change in the library.” WeTALC (West Tennessee Academic Library Council), University of Tennessee at Martin, November 12, 2021.
- “Spinning resource cuts: how to appear to provide more, when making cuts.” North Carolina Library Association/Southeastern Library Association Biennial Conference, October 21, 2021.
- “Reaching students through teaching.” North Carolina Serials Conference, March 9, 2021.
- “Solutions that Promote Accessibility, Copyright Compliance, and Ease of Use” UoM, Faculty Development Workshops, May 21, 2020.
- “Personal Librarian” panelist, WeTALC (West Tennessee Academic Library Council), University of Tennessee at Martin, Fall, 2019.
Service & Outreach
- YA Novel Committee member, Volunteer State Book Award, 2020 to present.
- Organizer and Founding Member, The League of Awesome Librarians, 2020 to present.
- Search Committee, Community Outreach Coordinator, 2022.
- Resources & Technical Services member, SELA (Southeastern Library Association), 2020 to present.
- Accessibility Working Group on Library Spaces, Association of Southeastern Research Libraries. 2020 to present.
- Institutional contact, Association of Southeastern Research Libraries/Scholars Trust, 2020 to present.
- Executive committee, WeTalc (West Tennessee Academic Library Council), 2018-2020.
- Program team, The Library Collective, 2019-2020.
- Conference Planning team, The Library Collective, 2019-2020.
- The League of Awesome Librarians
- SELA (Southeastern Library Association)
- Tennessee Library Association
- WeTalc (West Tennessee Academic Library Council)
- MALC (Memphis Area Library Council)
- UNHP 1100, [ edit ] Wikipedia: For the Undergraduate Researcher, Fall, 2020
- UNHP 1100, [ edit ] Wikipedia: For the Undergraduate Researcher, Fall, 2021.