Apply to MHA Program
Thank you for your interest in the Master of Health Administration (MHA) program! We are delighted that you have chosen our award winning, CAHME-accredited program at the University of Memphis.
Because GRE testing has been interrupted this Spring due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the School of Public Health is waiving the GRE requirement for the Fall application cycle. If you have taken the GRE, we strongly recommend that you submit these results, as they may be beneficial to the review process. If you are an international applicant, and have not yet taken the IELTS/TOEFL, please contact us so that we can advise you of the next steps.
How to Apply
Step 2: Prepare the following documents to be uploaded in HAMCAS/SOPHAS application:
- Have all official transcripts sent to HAMPCAS/SOPHAS
- Self-report GRE scores and have official scores sent to HAMPCAS (school code 8838) or SOPHAS (school code 6980)
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives (400-500 words)
- Letters of Recommendation (2). At least one (1) academic reference from a current or former faculty member is required. Letters must be signed and on official letterhead.
- Curriculum Vitae (resume)
Step 3: You do not need to wait for the School of Public Health to accept you to begin the application process to the Graduate School.
The MHA program may, at its discretion, review applications received before and until June 1 of each admissions cycle. Admission to the Memphis MHA program is increasingly competitive each year. Applicants are encouraged to apply early to help assure their application is reviewed in a timely manner.
MHA Admissions Criteria
- Undergraduate GPA from an accredited college or university
- GRE or GMAT percentiles (verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing); GRE preferred
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose (400-500 words)
- Resume including education and experience
- Interviews with faculty