Apply to the Health Care Interpreter Course
How to Apply
Step 1: Consult with course instructor.
Step 2: Complete the registration form and scan and email to course Instructor.
- Oral Proficiency Requirements
- Applicants must provide documentation of oral proficiency in English for one of the
- Five (5) years or more of professional experience in the US, or in another country where English is the official language
- high school diploma (or equivalent), or an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education in the US, or in another country where English is the official language
- Acceptable score for one of the following language exams:
- TOEFL: 570+ paper, 230+ computer version, 90+ on iBT
- ELPT: 950+
- MELAB: 80+
- ECPE: Pass
- FCE Level 3: A
- CAE Level 4: B
- CPE Level 5
- IELTS: 7.0+
- OPI in English: Advanced Mid-Level
- OPI in foreign language: Advanced-Mid Level or higher
- The UofM Testing Center no longer offers the OPIc. Please follow these instructions to take the OPIc from the comforts of your home. The cost is $105 and we will email you your OPIc certificate from Language Testing International showing your level of oral proficiency. The required level is advanced-mid or higher.
- OPIc Examinee Handbook
- Applicants must provide documentation of oral proficiency in English for one of the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent; bachelor's degree or higher recommended
- Minimum 18 year of age; recommended 21 years or older
- All persons who are interested in taking a course should contact Espi Ralston, Course Instructor, prior to registration and payment to ensure that they meet all the requirements.