Debra Bartelli, DrPH
Research Associate Professor, Division of Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Environmental Health
About Debra Bartelli
Debra Bartelli, DrPH, is a Research Associate Professor of Environmental Health. She received her MPH and her doctoral degree from Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health. Before joining the University of Memphis faculty, Dr. Bartelli worked for a national research firm conducting evaluations for non-profits, foundations, and government agencies. She also directed a multi-sector initiative in Shelby County designed to improve health outcomes, improve quality of care, and reduce healthcare costs. Dr. Bartelli’s public health interests are diverse and include the built environment, chronic disease, food insecurity, and infant mortality. Recently, she has been engaged in the University’s efforts to address adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) through the newly formed iIMPACT Center. In addition to these research interests, she also conducts field work focused on improving public health infrastructure and access to clean water in rural Haiti.
- DrPH, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, New York, NY
- MPH, Population and Family Health, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, New York, NY
- MA, Speech Pathology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
- BSE, Speech Pathology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and Health
- Relationship between chronic disease and the built environment
- Senior Food Insecurity
- Waster Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in Low-Income Countries
- Chervin, DD, Philliber, S, Brindis, CD, Chadwick, AE, Revels, ML, Kamin, SL, Wike, RS, Kramer, JS, Bartelli D, Schmidt, CK, Peterson, SA, Valderrama, LT. (2005) "Community capacity building in CDC's Community Coalition Partnership Programs for the Prevention of Teen Pregnancy." Journal of Adolescent Health, Sept; 37(3 Suppl):S11-9.
- Kramer, JS, Philliber, S, Brindis, CD, Kamin, SL, Chadwick, AE, Revels, ML, Chervin, DD, Driscoll, A, Bartelli, D, Wike, RS, Peterson, SA, Schmidt, CK, Valderrama, LT. (2005) "Coalition models: lessons learned from the CDC's Community Coalition Partnership Programs for the Prevention of Teen Pregnancy." Journal of Adolescent Health, Sept; 37(3 Suppl)::S20-30.
- Thomas, R, Bartelli D. (2001) "HIV Services for a New Generation." Marketing Health Services, 21(4): 25-29.