Xinhua Yu, MD, PhD, MS
Associate Professor, Division of Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Environmental Health, PhD Program Coordinator for Epidemiology
About Xinhua Yu
Xinhua Yu, MD, PhD, MS, is an epidemiologist with additional training in medicine and statistics, and the coordinator of the epidemiology doctoral program. Dr. Yu has extensive experience in cancer epidemiology, cardiovascular epidemiology, nutrition, obesity, and physical activity. He is an expert in managing and analyzing very large epidemiological and health care administrative datasets such as longitudinal epidemiological data, Medicare claims, SEER‐Medicare data, medical chart abstraction data, and health survey data. Dr. Yu's current research focuses on health disparities, epidemiology of aging, determinants of health care utilization among cancer survivors, quality of care, clinical epidemiology and epidemiological methods.
- MD, Preventive Medicine, Shanghai Medical University
- PhD, Epidemiology, University of Minnesota at Twin Cities
- MStat, Statistics, University of Minnesota at Twin Cities
- Clinical Epidemiology
- Cancer Epidemiology, prevention, and survivorship
- Disparities in health and health care of chronic disease management
- Epidemiology of aging
- Health services research among U.S. elderly Medicare population
- Diffusion of emerging health technology and disparities in access of care
- Use of large health care data and health information technology for health care research
- Osarogiagbon RU, Ogbata O, Yu X. Number of lymph nodes associated with maximal reduction of long-term mortality risk in pathologic node-negative non-small cell lung cancer. Ann Thorac Surg. 2014 Feb;97(2):385-93.
- Osarogiagbon RU, Yu X. Nonexamination of lymph nodes and survival after resection of non-small cell lung cancer. Ann Thorac Surg. 2013 Oct;96(4):1178-89.
- Yu X, Lum D, Kiet TK, Fuh KC, Orr J Jr, Brooks RA, Ueda SM, Chen LM, Kapp DS, Chan JK. Utilization of and charges for robotic versus laparoscopic versus open surgery for endometrial cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2013 May;107(6):653-8.
- Yu X, McBean AM. Screening mammography use and chemotherapy among female stage II colon cancer patients: a retrospective cohort study. BMC Health Services Research. 2010, 10:98.
- Yu X, Elliott SP, Wilt TJ, McBean AM. Practice patterns in BPH surgical therapy — the dramatic rise in minimally invasive technologies. Journal of Urology. 2008 July; 180(1):241-5; discussion 24