About Student Academic Success
Student Academic Success (SAS) is here to help University of Memphis students persist to graduation through various programs and services that help you achieve your academic, career, and belonging goals. The departments in Student Academic Success connect students and their families to the resources needed to navigate the opportunities and challenges that will come your way.
Purpose, Vision, Mission
Why are we here?
SAS is here to serve students with integrity, respect, and empathy that foster an environment of student success.
What do we hope to be?
SAS wants to prepare students to enter a global environment that will yield a high level of prosperity and quality of life.
How will we get there?
The SAS Division is dedicated to meeting the holistic need of all students in academic excellence, engage-ment, well-being, & career readiness to increase retention, persistence and graduation.
Student Academic Success Departments
- Academic Coaching for Excellence (ACE)
- Academic Counseling Center
- Center for Academic Retention and Enrichment Services
- Center for Athletic Academic Services
- Center for Writing and Communication
- Disability Resources for Students
- Educational Support Programs
- First Scholars
- Office of First Generation Student Success
- Opportunity Scholars
- Parent & Family Services
- Testing Center
- Upward Bound
- Veterans & Military Student Services
- View the Student Academic Success Organizational Chart
Dean of Students
- Career Services
- Counseling Center
- Donald K. Carson Leadership Scholarship
- Multicultural Affairs
- Office of Student Accountability
- Student Activities Council
- Student Government Association
- Student Health Center
- Student Leadership & Involvement