Correspondence to Campus Community
BELOW IS THE E-MAIL THAT WAS SENT FROM THE CFO'S OFFICE TO THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY ON 09/17/2018.
The State of Tennessee has implemented a new procedure for reporting business-related automobile accidents.
Effective immediately, any UofM employee, volunteer or student involved in an automobile accident while on official business, whether driving a state-owned, rental or personal automobile, must report the accident to the State of Tennessee Auto Accident Call Center immediately, while on the scene, at 855.253.0629 and follow the instructions below.
- Do not leave the scene. Be prepared to communicate ALL details of the incident to the state’s call center representative.
- Call emergency services (911 or police non-emergency number) as needed.
- Take at least four photos of both vehicles, license plates, parking situation, insurance card of other party and any notable unrelated damages. Include photo of the other party if applicable.
- Call the State of Tennessee Auto Accident Call Center at 855.253.0629 to immediately report the incident, then call your supervisor and follow your department’s applicable procedures.
- Do not admit fault in the accident or promise coverage or reimbursement to anyone.
Department heads must ensure:
- Both the Accident Reporting Instructions and a Damage Notification Card are placed and maintained in their department’s University vehicles, and
- Employees or students that may operate a vehicle for official University business must receive Auto Accident Reporting Training, available online through Learning Curve.