Frequently Asked Questions


If I am not a faculty/staff member or student at the University of Memphis, may I have a membership at Campus Recreation?

Yes, you may become an individual, household, alumni or community member of the facility for a fee which includes full facility use and limited guest access. Memberships are sold online only.

I'm a UofM Alumnus. Can I use the Recreation Center?

Yes, you may purchase an Alumni membership. Call 901.678.3467 for more information.

How do I obtain a Membership Application to Campus Recreation?

Visit the membership page>


Where can I park?

Monthly and daily parking passes can be purchased through the Parking Office. Free street parking is available on Spottswood Road (limited spaces). The Parking Office is located on Zach Curlin Street to the left of the parking garage. Bikes can be parked at the racks provided. For more information, call 901.678.2212.

Bikes must be placed in bike racks and cannot be placed in facilities or on stair hand rails. 


What programs are included with membership?

We offer a variety of programs, including: group fitness classes (free to students and members) and personal training and massage therapy (offered at a reduced rate to students and members).

Identification Cards

Why doesn't my ID work when scanned at the Recreation Center?

Reasons could include:

  • Your ID is expired or you're no longer a member.
  • Student fees need to be paid.
  • You have a Household Membership but your child is now over 26 years old.
  • You are a faculty or staff member with no membership
    • Faculty/staff can use the facility without membership by paying $5 per visit with valid ID (identify your status at the entry).
  • You're a part-time student (with less than 6 hrs)
    • Part-time students pay $3 per visit at the Recreation Center; identify yourself as part-time at the entry. You have a University Guest ID card.
  • You don't have recreation privileges.
  • You are a current IEI student who has not paid the fee to activate Rec Center access privileges.
  • You need to pay Activity Fees at the Bursar's Office to access the Recreation Center.
  • You're a UofM faculty or staff and going to class as a UM student at the University.
  • You may have dual status. Faculty/staff status has priority over student status, causing the ID to not scan correctly. Identify yourself as dual status at the entry and talk to supervisor to gain access.

How many guests may I bring?

Guests are not allowed at this time.

Do I need my ID to go to my academic P.E. class in the Wellness Center?

Yes, the first time you forget your ID, you will be asked to sign in and be escorted to your instructor. The next time you forget your ID, a $5 will be required. 

Help! I lost my ID!

Items found are kept for 24 hours, then logged in and sent to the Bursar's Office or Student Conduct, depending on the situation. If your old ID was replaced, it will no longer work if a new one is made. We confiscate duplicate IDs and all non-working IDs.