Frequently Asked Questions
When are you open?
Check out our hours of operation. Hours may change due to University holidays or closure.
If I am not a faculty/staff member or student at the University of Memphis, can I be a member?
Yes, you may become an individual, household, alumni or community member of the facility for a fee which includes full facility use and limited guest access. Memberships are sold online only. See our Membership page for more information.
I'm a UofM alum. Can I use the Wellness Center?
Yes, you may purchase an Alumni membership. Call 901.678.3467 for more information.
How do I complete a membership application?
Visit our Membership page and choose the membership for which you qualify. Click the "Enroll Now" button.
Where can I park?
Students, faculty and staff with a UofM parking permit can park in the lots or garage adjacent to the R. Brad Martin Wellness Center (off Southern Ave. at Houston St. and Goodman St.). For all others, there are a limited number of metered parking spaces facing the pool in the west lot next to the garage. You can purchase monthly and daily parking passes through the UofM Parking Office. The Parking Office is located on Zach Curlin Street on south side of the parking garage. For more information, call 901.678.2212 or visit Parking Services online.
Bikes racks are also available. Bikes must be placed in bike racks, not in facilities or on stair hand rails.
What programs are included with membership?
Why doesn't my ID work when scanned at the Wellness Center?
Reasons could include:
- your ID is expired or you're no longer a member.
- student fees need to be paid.
- you have a Household Membership but your child is now over 26 years old.
- .you are a faculty or staff member with no membership
- Faculty/staff can use the facility without membership by paying $5 per visit with valid ID (identify your status at the entry).
- you're a part-time student (with less than 6 hours).
- Part-time students pay $3 per visit at the Wellness Center; identify yourself as part-time at the entry.
- you don't have recreation privileges.
- you are a current IEI student who has not paid the fee to activate facility access privileges.
- you need to pay Activity Fees at the USBS office to access to the our facilities.
- you are UofM faculty or staff and going to class as a student at the University.
- you may have dual status. Faculty/staff status has priority over student status, causing the ID to not scan correctly. Identify yourself as dual status at the front desk and speak with a supervisor to gain access.
Can I bring a guest?
Yes! Guests over 16 years of age are allowed to use our facilities by purchasing a guest pass for $15, good for one visit. Guest passes are available Friday-Sunday ONLY. Guests can only purchase FIVE guest passes within a semester. Once reaching this limit, you must purchase a membership to continue using our facilities.
Guest passes are sold on-site only and you must present a valid ID. Those under 16 years of age must come with a parent or guardian who must stay with them during their visit.
Can I purchase a pool membership?
We do not offer memberships specifically for the pool, but you may purchase a $15 guest pass for each visit or purchase a 3-month Community Membership for the summer. You'll have access to everything we offer!
Do I need my ID to go to my academic P.E. class in the Wellness Center or SRSC?
Yes. The first time you forget your ID, you will be asked to sign in and be escorted to your class. The next time you forget your ID, a $5 fee will be required.
Help! I lost my ID!
Items found are kept for 24 hours, then logged in and sent to the USBS office or Student Conduct, depending on the situation. If your old ID was replaced, it will no longer work if a new one is made. We confiscate duplicate IDs and all non-working IDs.
Can I take photos or video in the facilities?
Approval to film or photograph on University of Memphis property is required for internal and external parties. Please complete this form and email it to email@example.com a minimum of 10 days before the requested filming date. You will be contacted within two business days after receipt. Completion of this form does not guarantee approval of the use of University property for filming or photography.