Thank you for your interest in employment at Campus Recreation!
Applicants may print and complete an application and submit it to the appropriate person listed for each specific job opening.
- Entry Worker- Now accepting applications from students. Must be enrolled in summer or fall semester. Incoming freshmen will not be able to work until the first day of fall classes. Will be using customer service, problem-solving, and cash handling skills. All shifts available. Submit application to Lkuhn@memphis.edu or turn in at front desk.
- Equipment Attendant- No openings at this time.
- Fitness Attendant-Now accepting applications. Applicants must be enrolled in at least six hours. Fitness
experience preferred. Duties include maintaining the cleanliness and professionalism
of the Recreation Center and overseeing patrons to ensure safety and quality customer
service. Applications available at Recreation Center front desk or may be printed
job application. For more information, contact Kayla Ores at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lifeguard- Now accepting applications. Must be American Red Cross Lifeguard Certified, including CPR/AED and First Aid OR be able to attend and pass lifeguard class April 30-May 2. Must be able to swim 300 yards, tread water for two minutes using legs only, and complete a timed swim. Mandatory monthly lifeguard in-service trainings are required for all staff. Beginning-of-the-season mandatory lifeguard in-service/staff meeting will be held Sun., May 2 from 5-8 p.m. at the Nuber YMCA. Applications may be sent to Ashley Chism, along with certifications and a copy of summer class schedule. First interviews will be set up via Zoom, but practical interview will be required before the completion of the hiring process (to include swim test as well as rescue drills).
- Intramurals- No openings at this time.
- Group Fitness Instructors and Certified Personal Trainers-- Now accepting applications for certified group fitness instructors and personal trainers. Call 901.678.1383 for more information. Unlike other positions, instructors do not have to be UofM students.
- Membership Assistant-Now accepting applications for student workers. Must be available Monday-Friday, 3-7 p.m. Submit application to Lkay@memphis.edu.
- Be a full-time UofM student in good academic standing
- Have a U.S. social security number
- Have a bank or CU checking account
- Not be employed at another job on campus
- Have appropriate certifications (lifeguards, instructors)
- Be reliable and flexible
- Be able to articulate and communicate clearly
- Be able to deal with customer conflicts
- Be able to work on weekends along with during the week
- Be able to arrive at work 10 minutes early for shift and punch out in a timely manner
- Be able to make quick judgments concerning incidences and emergencies
- Be able to attend all mandatory training and in-service training sections
- Be able to clearly understand all policies concerning building usage and safety