Thank you for your interest in employment at Campus Recreation!
Applicants may print and complete an application and submit it to the appropriate person listed for each specific job opening.
Front Desk Worker - No openings at this time.
Equipment Attendant - No openings at this time.
Fitness Attendant - Now accepting applications. Applicants must be enrolled in at least six hours. Fitness
experience preferred. Duties include maintaining the cleanliness and professionalism
of the Recreation Center and overseeing patrons to ensure safety and quality customer
service. Applications available at Recreation Center front desk or may be printed
job application. For more information, contact Kayla Ores at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intramurals - No openings at this time.
Group Fitness Instructors and Certified Personal Trainers - Now accepting applications for certified group fitness instructors and personal trainers. Call 901.678.1383 for more information. Unlike other positions, instructors do not have to be UofM students.
Membership Assistant - No positions available at this time.
Marketing and Membership Graduate Assistant - No positions available at this time.
Lifeguard - Now accepting applications. $12 an hour/flexible hours and includes free certification training. Must be American Red Cross Lifeguard Certified, including CPR/AED and First Aid OR be able to attend and pass lifeguard certification training.
Shallow water lifeguard prerequisite skills test includes:
- Prerequisite 1: 100-yard swim - Participants must swim 100 yards continuously using either front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both.
- Prerequisite 2: Tread water legs only - Participants must tread water for two minutes without support and without stopping, hand should be placed under the armpits.
- Prerequisite 3: Timed event - Participants must perform the following skills within
- Swim 20 yards, goggles are not permitted
- Submerge to a depth of 4 to 5 feet and retrieve a 10-pound brick
- Return to the surface and walk or swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the brick at the surface of the water
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps
You must be able to attend the shallow water lifeguard training on Saturday, July 31 and Sunday, Aug. 1 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
This is a blended learning class, there will be seven hours of online modules that will need to be completed at the beginning of the class. Attendance is required for all class sessions. Job is pending on the completion of the certification class with a passing score on written and skills test. Mandatory monthly lifeguard in-service trainings are required for all staff. Applications may be sent to Ashley Chism, along with certifications and a copy of summer class schedule, or bring your application with you to the open interviews.
- Be a full-time UofM student in good academic standing
- Have a U.S. social security number
- Have a bank or CU checking account
- Not be employed at another job on campus
- Have appropriate certifications (lifeguards, instructors)
- Be reliable and flexible
- Be able to articulate and communicate clearly
- Be able to deal with customer conflicts
- Be able to work on weekends along with during the week
- Be able to arrive at work 10 minutes early for shift and punch out in a timely manner
- Be able to make quick judgments concerning incidences and emergencies
- Be able to attend all mandatory training and in-service training sections
- Be able to clearly understand all policies concerning building usage and safety