We are open!
Masks and social distancing are required at all times while using the Recreation Center, including while working out.
Call 901.678.0888 for information about emergency closures and inclement weather closures.
11 a.m.-7 p.m.
The Recreation Center is open, with policies and procedures in place to ensure our guests' and employees' safety during the Covid 19 pandemic.
Workout sessions must be reserved in advance and are limited to 45 minutes, to provide time for additional deep cleaning and transition between sessions. Registration is open from three days in advance up to time session begins.
- Covid symptom screening will be required before entering.
- Masks are now required at all times when in building and while working out.
- Touchless, self-scan entry system has been implemented.
- Students and members may not bring guests.
- Some areas may be closed, including equipment desk, pools, sauna, whirlpool, steam room, locker rooms, and showers.
- Social distancing of at least six feet is required throughout building.
- Workout areas have limited occupancy.
- Fitness classes are continuing to meet online for the time being.
- Basketball gym is limited to four participants, who must all remain at separate goals. Failure to comply may result in loss of usage privileges.
Online Fitness and Wellness Resources
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are offering a wide array of online resources to help our students and members with their fitness and wellness. These resources include:
We will be open modified hours on the following dates as follows, due to special events:
- Thurs., Feb. 25: 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Fri., Feb. 26: 4-7 p.m.
- Fri., March 26: 11 a.m.- 3 p.m.
Get Fit. Have Fun. Feel Better!
Your mind, body, and spirit are worth taking care of. Campus Recreation can help you find your motivation for healthy living. Workouts don't have to be boring! Here at the Rec Center, you can join an intramural team, shoot some hoops, get your yoga on, improve your swim stroke in our pool, and sculpt or challenge your body in a number of different ways.
Students, employees, alumni, and community members are all welcome. Whatever you are looking to do to stay active, we have a ton of options for you, including: Intramural and Club Sports programs, state-of-the art cardio, weight, and functional training rooms, two indoor basketball gyms, a rowing studio, racquetball courts, a table tennis court, a fitness studio, group fitness classes, indoor and outdoor pools, indoor leisure pool, outdoor diving well, and a whirlpool, sauna, and steam room.