The College of Arts and Sciences provides resources and advising for students interested in applying to law school. In addition to meeting with the prelaw advisors listed below, prelaw Pre-law students must also meet with their academic advisor on a regular basis to discuss degree requirements, progress toward degree completion, and course sequencing for each semester.
Benefits of utilizing College of Arts and Science Prelaw Resources
- Access to prelaw emails for regular updates and information
- Access to guest speakers and panel discussions from legal professionals and current law students
- Membership in the prelaw student organization
- Opportunity to meet with law school admissions officials and current law students
- Access to catalogs and resource information from law schools across the country
- Invitations to regularly scheduled information sessions
- Access to information on internships, scholarships, and fellowship programs
The Prelaw Student Guide is the key reference document for University of Memphis prelaw students. The Guide addresses questions about majors for prelaw students, courses to take, a minor tailored for prelaw students, and law school admissions requirements. (Prelaw Student guide)
College of Arts and Sciences
Robert Marczynski, J.D., M.S.
Scates Hall, room 218
Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice
Andrew Senter, M.A., J.D.
Department of Philosophy
Dr. David Gray
Department of Political Science
Ebony N. Dawkins-Meeks, JD