2021 DoD Cyber Scholarship Program (CySP)
The Department of Defense is seeking rising junior and senior undergraduate (third and fourth year) and graduate/doctoral students who are interested in full-ride scholarships for concentrated studies in information assurance. Students selected for the program will receive full scholarships. This requires the student to agree to serve one year of service to the DoD, upon graduation, for each year of the scholarship received, in addition to the internship identified below.
During breaks in their academic studies, Information Assurance Scholars will receive progressive, hands-on experience in information security internships. In return, scholars must agree to some restrictions and obligations regarding curriculum, GPA, and pre and post program employment. If all conditions are met, Information Assurance Scholars will receive full-time conditional/permanent positions in agencies and components of the DoD upon program completion.
Description of Scholarship
- Tuition (including fees, books, lab expenses, supplies, and equipment)
- Stipend (for room and board)
- $25,000 per academic year for undergraduates
- $30,000 per academic year for graduates (Master's and PhD)
- 18 years of age or older
- U.S. citizen (at the time of application)
- Enrolled or accepted to a CAE college or university
- Must have completed a minimum of the first two years of an undergraduate degree program
and be eligible to:Must be majoring in one of the scientific, technical, or managerial
disciplines related to computer and network security with a concentration in an information
- Begin either 3rd or 4th year of undergraduate program
- Begin either 1st or 2nd year of master's program
- Pursue doctoral studies
- Complete a graduate certificate program in information assurance
- Must be majoring in one of the scientific, technical, or managerial disciplines related to computer and network security with a concentration in an information assurance function
- Undergraduate: 3.2 out of 4.0
- Graduate: 3.5 out of 4.0
Please follow the instructions in the scholarship announcement and Resume Template. Any questions or concerns, contact James Andrew McGinnis Jr. or Francis L Smith.
The deadline to submit applications is February 5, 2021.