The mission of Disability Resources for Students is to act as a catalyst to:
- Advocate equal access and inclusion through Universal Design for all University of
Memphis students to all University programs and activities
- Encourage understanding of disability by educating all members of the University community
- Promote development and independence of students with disabilities
- Develop independence, responsibility and accountability in SWD.
- Improve student access to and use of Assistive Technology (AT) to increase academic
success and independence.
- Increase retention and graduation rates of SWD.
- Assist students to identify, develop and demonstrate the career competencies necessary
for success in their chosen fields.
- Assist students to establish a connection to the U of M.
- Increase knowledge and understanding of disability across the U of M community.