We are here to help First-Generation Students! Browse this site to learn about Programs, leadership Opportunities, Resources available to you and be sure to check out stories of some of our First-Generation students, while you are on this site.
Use the list below to identify keys to success as a #firstgenmem Tiger throughout your first year on campus! Remember- you do not have to do it all at once, but research shows that engagement and connection are an important part of your collegiate success.
- Visit the Office of First Generation Success
- Sign up to connect with a mentor
- Register for Frosh Camp
- Apply for the #firstgenmem Learning Community
- Enroll in the #firstgenmem ACAD Course
- Participate in Tiger Leadership Institute
- Meet with your professors during office hours
- Invite your parents to Parent & Family Weekend
- Join a Registered Student Organization
- Meet with a TRIO Coach
- Visit the Library
- Schedule your Fall Academic Advising Appointment
- Check out the Relaxation Zone, or get in a workout at the CRIS