Graduate School Candidacy Forms
If you have not already reviewed the instructions for completing a candidacy form, please go to the following:
Before starting on your candidacy form, log into MyMemphis and obtain an unofficial copy of your transcript. This will help with completing your list of courses.
Using DocuSign to Complete the Candidacy Form
The candidacy forms are routed to your department electronically using DocuSign. Instead of getting signatures in person or over email, DocuSign will route your form to the individuals you select in the department. You can view video instructions here. Before clicking the link to the appropriate candidacy form below, review these instructions:
- Complete steps 1 through 3 (there are 2 steps to complete for the certificate candidacy form). MAKE SURE TO ENTER THE CORRECT INDIVIDUALS. If not, this can cause your graduation to be delayed.
- Click "Continue."
- Fill out the candidacy form according to the instructions in the above link. All fields, including the course listing, are required.
- Check your email. You should have received a validation access code. KEEP THIS CODE. You will use it to log in to check the status of your form and/or to make corrections to your form, if needed.
- If you need to leave the form, choose "Finish Later" option under the "Other Actions" menu. DocuSign will send you a link to your form that you can use to log back in and finish your form later.
- When you are finished, click the "Finish" button. This will route your form to the first recipient you listed which is your advisor or major professor (Certificate Coordinator for the certificate candidacy form). Once your advisor signs, the form will automatically go to the Graduate Studies Coordinator and then to the College Director of Graduate Studies and finally to the Graduation Analyst.
- You will receive an email when the candidacy form has been completed.
- REMEMBER: if you are receiving more than one degree, you must submit a candidacy form for each degree. (Example: If you are receiving both a master's degree and a graduate certificate, then you would need to submit both the master's degree candidacy form and the graduate certificate candidacy form.)
- CHECK ON THE STATUS OF YOUR FORM. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED FOR GRADUATION UNTIL THE FORM HAS ALL SIGNATURES.
NOTE: All graduate students submitting candidacy forms MUST also "Apply to Graduate" in their MyMemphis Portal.
Questions about the Graduate School candidacy forms? Contact Graduate School Graduation Analyst.