Graduate School Candidacy Forms
If you have not already reviewed the instructions for completing a candidacy form, please go to the following:
Before starting on your candidacy form, log into MyMemphis and obtain an unofficial copy of your transcript. This will help with completing your list of courses.
Using Softdocs Etrieve to Complete the Candidacy Form
The candidacy forms are routed to your department electronically using Softdocs Etrieve. Instead of getting signatures in person or over email, Softdocs will route your form to the individuals you select in the department. Before clicking the link to the appropriate candidacy form below, review these instructions:
- MAKE SURE TO SELECT THE CORRECT INDIVIDUALS. If not, this can cause your graduation to be delayed.
- All fields, including the course listing, are required. A list of courses you have taken will automatically populate, select the courses that are applicable to the degree you are seeking.
- When you are finished, click the "Submit" button. This will route your form to the first recipient you selected, which is your advisor or major professor (Certificate Coordinator for the certificate candidacy form). Once your advisor signs, the form will automatically go to the Graduate Studies and finally to the Graduation Analyst.
- You will receive an email when the candidacy form has been completed.
- REMEMBER: if you are receiving more than one degree, you must submit a candidacy form for each degree. (Example: If you are receiving both a master's degree and a PHD, please submit a form for each.
- CHECK ON THE STATUS OF YOUR FORM. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED FOR GRADUATION UNTIL THE FORM HAS ALL SIGNATURES.
NOTE: All graduate students submitting candidacy forms MUST also "Apply to Graduate" in their MyMemphis Portal.
Questions about the Graduate School candidacy forms? Contact Graduate School Graduation Analyst.