PROF. MULROY SPEAKS ON VARIETY OF ISSUES
University of Memphis School of Law Professor and Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, Steve Mulroy spoke with several media outlets regarding a number of recent issues in the news, such as the recent Supreme Court of the United States decisions regarding the Affordable Healthcare Act, the Court's ruling on gay marriage equality, the removal of a Confederate statue from a local park and several issues surrounding the recent deaths of citizens in the Mid-South who were in police custody at the time of their passing.
Additionally, Professor Mulroy officiated the wedding of a local, same-sex couple at the the Memphis Gay and Lesbian Community Center on the same day that the SCOTUS ruling was announced.
SCOTUS Decision media coverage:
- Memphis Flyer - http://www.memphisflyer.com/MemphisGaydar/archives/2015/06/26/couples-tie-the-knot-at-tennessee-equality-project-marriage-celebration
- Memphis Daily News - http://www.memphisdailynews.com/news/2015/jun/27/gay-marriage-marks-first-day-in-memphis
- Fox 13 Memphis - http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/clip/11634049/law-professor-steve-mulroy-talks-about-supreme-court-ruling
- Albany Times Union - http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Same-sex-couple-marries-in-Nashville-after-ban-6351935.php
- ABC 24 - http://www.localmemphis.com/story/d/story/memphis-lgbt-community-celebrates-marriage-equalit/10678/XptwjdXzE0ORHUFECuWjxA
- WREG Ch. 3 - http://wreg.com/2015/06/26/aca-ruling/
Passenger's rights coverage:
- ABC 24 - http://www.localmemphis.com/news/local-news/knowing-the-law-when-being-pulled-over
- Fox 13 Memphis - http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/29609910/passengers-rights-when-a-car-is-pulled-over-by-police
Removal of Confederate statue coverage: