Top Ranked Programs
Our programs are ranked amongst the top in the nation by various different sources,
based on both quality and affordability.
U.S. News and World Report (2023)
- Legal Writing #62
- Clinical Training #46
- Healthcare Law #108
- Constitutional Law #137
- Intellectual Property #154
- Criminal Law #142
- Trial Advocacy #135
- Law #144
- Contracts - Commercial Law #143
- Business Corporate Law #149
- Environmental Law #161
- International Law #159
- Tax Law #147
- Three time winner of Best Law School building/facilities
2019: Top School for Tax Law, Top School for Health Law, Employment (law firms) Honor Roll
2020: Top Law School for Advocacy, Best Schools for African Americans, Named as “One of the Best Law Schools for Diversity”
2021: Top School for Tax Law, Top School for Health Law
2022: Top Trial Advocacy School, Diversity Honor Roll, Best Law School for African Americans
Additional rankings/honors for diversity:
- Memphis Law was ranked in the Top 25 for Law Degrees Awarded to African Americans
in Diverse Education Magazine's compiled rankings of the Top 100 Producers of Minority
Graduate Degrees in the country in 2018.
Listed by Enjuris as a Top 10 Law School for Black Students.
- Awarded the INSIGHT into Diversity Magazine 2015 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award. Memphis Law was one of five law schools in the country to receive this award.
- Ranked one of the Top 5 Best Regional Law Schools for Black Students and a Best Bargain Law School for Black Students by Lawyers of Color Magazine.
- In 2013, Memphis Law was recognized by the Council on Legal Education Opportunity (CLEO) at its 45th Anniversary Celebration and honored as a member of the inaugural group of "William A. Blakey Diversity Pipeline Architects" for its access and diversity efforts.