Begin College on the Right Track at NSO
You are about to embark on a journey full of new experiences and amazing opportunities. NSO is designed to help you (and your family) make a smooth transition into college life at the University of Memphis. You will meet current students and mingle with your new classmates, plan an academic program that reflects your interests and goals and learn more about the resources the UofM has to offer.
We are following current CDC and UofM campus guidelines for New Student Orientation to ensure all of our incoming students and families remain safe during their visit to campus.
Orientation sessions are tailored to best meet your needs. Choose the category that best fits you below to learn more:
Mission of NSO
To provide an inclusive experience for all incoming students exposing them to resources, community, and traditions to support their success at the University of Memphis.
- Accountability: Integrity, transparency, excellence and the highest standards govern everything we do.
- Collaboration: We seek partnerships both within and beyond the University to enhance our actions and our outcomes.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Everyone is respected, included and given the opportunity to excel.
- Innovation: We consistently seek a better way, and we embrace challenges.
- Service: Our purpose is to benefit our students and society through knowledge and effort.
- Student Success: We provide every student with the opportunity to excel.
As a result of attending New Student Orientation, students should…
- Receive their UofM student ID card
- Register for their first-semester classes
- Develop relationships with other incoming or current UofM students
- Gain an understanding of various campus resources and how they can positively impact their student success
- Learn how to get involved in student organizations on campus
- Understand their financial aid package
- Feel EXCITED about becoming a Memphis Tiger! 🐯