UC Performance Technician Job Description
- Facilitates technical and logistical operations for Performances and Special Events in the University Center and Rose Theatre.
- Serves as an event technician for simple events.
- Serves in the following Run Crew: Sound Engineer, Lighting Board Operator, Load in, Load out, Light Hang and Focus, Genie Lift Operator, Projectionist, Assistant Stage Manager, other duties as required.
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service by performing all tasks quickly and efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully.
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot one or more of the following areas: Live Sound, Stage Lighting, Rigging or Technical Direction, Video, Event Management, Computer Technology.
- Demonstrates an interest in furthering her or her skills in one or more of the above categories.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of and ability to troubleshoot standard AV equipment in the UC and Rose Theatre, including: Crestron Touchscreen systems, installed and portable projectors, laptops and microphones and basic lighting control. Demonstrates proper storage of equipment.