Undergraduate Research Scholar Designation
The University of Memphis would like to recognize students who participate in undergraduate research. Through the Honors College, students may apply to receive the “Undergraduate Research Scholar” designation on their transcripts and receive a cord to be worn at Commencement. Students do not have to be members of the Honors College to receive this designation.
Three items from the list below will qualify you for the Undergraduate Research Scholar designation:
- Works in Progress Symposium presentation
- Student Research Forum presentation
- Author, QuaesitUM
- National Conference for Undergraduate Research presentation
- Posters at the Capitol presentation
- Honors Summer Research Fellowship Award
- Completion of an Honors Thesis
- Campus nomination for a national research-focused award
- UofM discipline specific conference presentation of research
- Discipline specific conference presentation of your research
- NSF or NIH Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
- Recipient of a national research-focused award
- Author, peer reviewed publication (or article under review with mentor verification)
Complete the form below to submit your request to receive the Undergraduate Research Scholar designation.
To ensure your application is verified in a timely manner, please provide succinct context in the fields on the form (this can include links to external presentation events, journal publications, etc.).