Works in Progress Symposium
The Works in Progress Symposium (WIPS) provides undergraduates with an opportunity to share their research with peers as well as professors. Undergraduates who have conducted original research, scholarly, or creative projects under the guidance of a faculty mentor are invited to submit an application to WIPS. This symposium also welcomes presentations by students who are just beginning projects, and affords students the opportunity to present the background, rationale, plans and preliminary results from a project that is ongoing, rather than complete.
November 17, 2021 |12:00 PM - 4:30 PM
University Center Third Floor
- Students should prepare a fifteen minute oral presentation with Power Point, which will be followed by an additional five minute question and answer session with the faculty reviewer and audience.
- Presentations will be judged using the following rubric: WIPS Presentation Rubric
Students give an oral presentation in one of the following categories.
- Liberal and Fine Arts
- Life and Health Sciences
- Math and Computer Sciences
- Physical and Applied Sciences
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
Application Deadline: October 18th, 2021
Apply Now >
Prizes for each category:
1st place ($150)