Health Systems Leadership Graduate Certificate
The Health Systems Leadership graduate certificate provides students with training in areas critical to 21st century healthcare, public health, and community health leadership. Learn the skills you need to lead the way forward in your organization, your city, and your world. The innovative curriculum includes the following four courses:
- HADM 7140 – Population Health Management (3) (Fall) (online only)
- PUBH 7180 – Foundations of Public Health (3) (Fall) (on campus or online)
- HADM 7105 – Health Policy and the Organization of Health Services (3) (Spring) (on campus or online)
- HADM 7110 – Leadership and Organizational Change in Healthcare (3) (Summer) (online only)
Complete the certificate part-time and online over the course of one calendar year. Engage with current and future health systems leaders. Case-based and team-driven learning help you apply what you are learning to the real-world problems you encounter every day. Learn to lead change and drive improvements and transformations across health systems.
Credit earned for the courses may be applied to an MHA or MPH degree.
Students must have completed a bachelor's degree with a cumulative grade point average
of at least 2.75, and apply for admission to the University of Memphis Graduate School
as a non-degree seeking student, selecting Graduate Certificate in Health Systems
Leadership from the drop-down menu. Acceptance into the certificate program is not
an implied acceptance into any master's degree program. The following is required:
• Transcripts of undergraduate degree program and any prior graduate study; to be submitted to the University of Memphis Graduate School.
• A completed application form and a one-page letter describing applicant's philosophy of leadership, purpose in pursing the Health Systems Leadership certificate, and its relevance to his/her career goals; to be submitted to the Academic Services Coordinator II (contact information is provided below).
• At least one letter of recommendation from someone qualified to evaluate your leadership experiences and/or potential
• Applicants for whom English is not the primary language are required to meet the University's minimum TOEFL score.
CERTIFICATE AND GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
Students must complete the four courses (12 credit hours) listed above, with a minimum 3.0 (B) average in all courses. All four courses must be completed within five (5) years of enrollment. In the semester of graduation, the student must submit the Intent to Graduate form to the University of Memphis Graduate School and a Graduate Certificate Candidacy form to the School's Director of Graduate Studies by the deadline specified by the University of Memphis Graduate School.