Alumni Association Distinguished Research Award
The Alumni Association may make up to five (5) awards annually to faculty who have brought honor and recognition to the University through their research or creative activities. The categories include:
- Distinguished Achievement in the Creative Arts
- Distinguished Research in the Humanities
- Distinguished Research in the Social Sciences
- Distinguished Research in Science, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Distinguished Research in Engaged Scholarship
- Candidates must have been employed full-time by the University of Memphis for at least
five (5) academic years prior to the semester of their application or nomination.
- They may apply for the award or be nominated by any full-time faculty or staff member.
- Former award winners may not be re-nominated within seven (7) years of the first awards
and may not receive the award more than twice.
- A $2,000 honorarium and a plaque are presented to each recipient at the annual Spring Faculty Convocation.
How to Apply
Those wishing to be considered must submit the following items on the nomination form:
- Resume with a complete list of publications
- A narrative summary of research aims and achievements
- At least three (3) external letters from distinguished referees.