Our mission in the Academic Advising Center is to provide effective, personalized, accurate, and developmental advising to all undergraduate students who are:
- undecided about their major,
- pursuing pre-Nursing as a major,
- taking pre-major courses, or
- exploring alternate majors.
Your academic advisor is committed to your academic success. We strive to:
- Facilitate each student's transition into the University
- Assist students in exploring, selecting and achieving their educational, career and personal goals
- Support academic excellence
- Empower student decision making
- Convey accurate information regarding University requirements and majors
- Help students understand the University policies and procedures
- Refer students to appropriate campus resources
- Develop positive relationships with each advisee
Advising services are provided in accordance with the ethical guidelines of the National Academic Advising Association.