Tim Bolding Scholarship in Anthropology
The Tim Bolding Scholarship Fund honors the legacy of Timothy Edgar Bolding, '77 BA Anthropology, '80 MA Anthropology, 2003 Outstanding Alumnus scholarship recipient, and adjunct faculty member. As the founding director of United Housing, Inc. (UHI), Tim Bolding spent over 30 years building a system of engaged scholarship through internships and student engagement opportunities at UHI. This fund is dedicated to growing Tim’s legacy, exposing University of Memphis Anthropology graduate students to community development opportunities and expanding their professional skills through the extensive community networks maintained by the University of Memphis Anthropology alumnus.
Program Details & Eligibility
- $4000 scholarship towards tuition, fees, and research expenses
- Open to full-time, first-year MA Anthropology students majoring in Anthropology with a focus on urban anthropology and community development
- Recipients must present their work experience to the Department of Anthropology Community Advisory Board at the end of their award period.
- May be combined with a Graduate Assistantship
- Awards may be renewed for one additional year if student is in good standing.
- Deadline: May 1, 2021
- Submit your scholarship application through the Tiger Scholarship Manager at https://memphis.academicworks.com/
- Your application must include a 750-1000 word statement of career plans and course of study in urban anthropology and community development, a CV/Resume, and copy of unofficial transcript
Applications will be reviewed by a committee composed of 4 stakeholders including two faculty members and two community members with direct links to Tim Bolding’s community impact.