Congratulations to Dr. Mihalis Golias on being awarded the Professional Inland Maritime Port Executive (IMPE) certifications
Offered through the International Association of Marine Port Executives (IAMPE), the program was hosted by Parker Towing, Port f Decatur Alabama the week of December 6th. Each participant was awarded either the Inland Port Manager (IMPM) Certification or the Inland Maritime Port Executive (IMPE) professional certification. In addition, the Executive Management graduates were awarded graduate-level credits by the IAMPE’s U.S. Academic partners which include Maine and Massachusetts Maritime Academies, State University of New York Maritime College, and Texas Southern University.
Professional Inland Maritime Port Executive (IMPE) certifications were awarded to
- Mihalis Golias, IMPE, PhD-Professor of Civil Engineering, University of Memphis;
- Keith Parker, IMPE-Director of Operations, Port of Decatur;
- Gina Walker, IMPE-Manager, Florence Lauderdale Port Authority;
- Miguel A. Zamora II, IMPE-Vice President, Louisville Riverport Authority;
- Kevin Holcer, IMPE-General Manager, Agri-Services of Brunswick (MO);
- Blaine LaFontaine, IMPE-COO/Port Director, Hancock (MI) County Port and Harbor Commission; and
- Shane LaFontaine, IMPE-Manager, Port Bienville Railroad, Hancock County Port and Harbor Commission.
Earning the Inland Maritime Port Manager (IMPM) professional certification were:
- Jen Robertson, IMPM-Business Development Manager/Marketing Analyst, Mississippi Export Railroad and
- Eric Pearson, IMPM-Port Manager, Parker Towing.
In addition, completing his faculty certification for the inland management program was Dale Murray, AMPE, CME (Certified Maritime Educator-Inland Port Management), Colonel-Army National Guard, Director of Asset Management, WATCO Companies, LLC.
Congratulations on their professional certifications and achievements!
The program is based on the Maritime Port Executive program, which has been used to train over 2,500 professionals working with ocean ports. The Inland Marine Port Executive program, developed in cooperation with IRPT’s Education Committee, is the first program of its kind that has been specifically designed with the needs of inland port professionals in mind.
The IAMPE is a not-for-profit industry association that provides professional development for coastal and inland port and terminal managers and executives. Programs are reviewed and approved for certification by the Association’s Board of Advisors, comprised of over 20 industry professionals. Academic partners include the Graduate Schools at Maine Maritime Academy, Massachusetts Maritime Academy and Texas Southern University as well as the Continuing Education Program of the State University of New York Maritime College. The Association offers professional and accredited programs in Coastal and Inland Port Management and Executive Management, as well as certification programs for Marine Terminal Operator and IMDG/Hazardous Awareness. The Association has over 2,500 alumni worldwide.
To learn more about education offerings through the IAMPE, please visit www.iampe.org
To learn more about IRPT, please visit www.irpt.net