Welcome to World Languages and Literatures!
SPRING 2021 — Due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, the University of Memphis has moved nearly entirely to remote (online) or hybrid classes for the start of Spring semester. All in-person meetings have also been canceled or moved online. In the course schedule, courses are listed as
- Remote Synchronous (indicated in "Where" in the course listing)— all live course sessions meet online at one or more of the days indicated in the official course schedule, so students are expected to be available at those days and times.
- Hybrid (indicated by having a building and room numbered listed under "Where") — all live
course sessions meet will meet at the days and times indicated in the official course
schedule, so students are expected to be available at those days and times. Important notes:
- If the university announces that conditions prevent face-to-face instruction, live course sessions will be all online until further notice.
- If the university announces that face-to-face instruction can occur, students can opt either in hybrid instruction (face-to-face with some live remote sessions possible) or continue entirely onlne.
- U of M Global (indicated "Web Online" with a section starting with M: M50, etc.): asynchronous, with lessons completed by the student on their own without weekly live class meetings; occasional live meetings may be scheduled individually or in small groups with students, with different time options to accommodate students' availability.
Any updates will be posted here as information becomes available. For more information about the university's response, please visit these pages: Coronavirus updates, Campus Communications, UM Tech's Keep Learning page, and Resources for Students (helpline, application for emergency funds, etc.).