Thesis/Dissertation Preparation Guide
The Graduate School Thesis/Dissertation Preparation Guide sets forth requirements for preparing and submitting master's theses and doctoral dissertations to the Graduate School for review and for submission to the Electronic Thesis and Dissertation (ETD) archival system and to ProQuest.
Students must have successfully defended their document and have it approved by their committee before submitting to the ETD system or to ProQuest for review. Submit your document to the ETD system or to ProQuest AFTER you have received any additional corrections (if any) from your committee. Once additional corrections have been made, you may then convert your document to PDF and submit electronically. Watch this video demonstration of the dissertation submission process.
REQUIRED FORMS FOR REVIEW PROCESS
- Final Committee Approval Form for Electronic Submission.This form must be submitted after your defense and NOT before.
- A copy of the signed Final Thesis/Dissertation Defense Results, if one has not already been submitted to the Graduate School by your department.
- Comprehensive Exam Results Form (for Master's Students Only). The Graduate School is required to have a Comprehensive Exam Results form for ALL master's degree seeking students. If you have not been administered a separate oral and/or written comprehensive exam by your department, the oral defense of your thesis will satisfy the comprehensive exam requirement. This form must be submitted with your review copy, unless one has already been submitted by your department.
- Thesis/Dissertation Checklist - must be reviewed and signed by both student and major professor.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) Approval or Exempt