Living on campus is a game changer.
To make the most of your college experience, come live on campus. Not only does it put you in the middle of everything, but research shows that it improves student grades. Carney-Johnston Residence Hall, once the most popular place for Lambuth University students to live, was renovated and reopened in Fall 2013. This historic building, located on the quadrangle between Wilder College Union and the Wellness, Health & Fitness Building (WHFB) on the new UofM Lambuth grounds, offers housing for up to 190 students in single and double rooms with suite-style baths. Carney-Johnston's recent upgrades include new fire safety systems, heating and cooling improvements, as well as new paint and carpet in every room. The building is ADA accessible.
In addition to separate floors for male and female residents, Carney Johnston includes a variety of spaces to help residents get the most out of their experience.
- Carney Johnston Living Room - a large living room on the first floor that can be used for studying as well as social activities including RA programs geared towards community building, academics, and personal development.
- Vending Lounge - a lounge space on the second floor that provides students with access to snacks & drinks as well as a microwave, toaster, and toaster oven.
- Study Lounge - a lounge space primarily used as a study lounge on the third floor that offers 24-hour access to a quiet study area. (This area can be reserved by Student Interest Communities like Nursing.)
Student Interest Communities
These are specialized programs that combine conventional residence life experiences with support from faculty and staff in the area of students' special interests. We offer the following:
- Nursing – Contact Corey Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Living Out Leadership – Contact Beth Ann Simpson at email@example.com - Apply NOW!
Lambuth Campus Fall 2019 Check-In
Freshmen - August 21st, 8 AM-12 PM Noon
Upperclassmen - August 23rd, 8 AM- 12 PM Noon
Stay tuned for Warm Welcome details, our Welcome Week schedule, and information about Frosh Fusion!
We would love to have you as a residential student! Click here to view our competitive housing rates.
To apply, visit your My.Memphis Student Tab and click on the Housing Application Portal. To ensure your housing application is correctly directed, double check that you selected the LAMBUTH option on the application.
Review our Housing Policies.
*New to Carney Johnston! Connect, Engage, Lead Clusters & Residence Hall Council
C.E.L. Clusters - At check in, students will receive their housing assignment & be sorted into their Connect, Engage, Lead Clusters: Carney House or Johnston House. It will be with these houses that they participate in special programming initiatives. This new approach to programming will allow students to maintain a stronger sense of community, with an added element of fun competition.