Welcome to the Department of Leadership! The department is comprised of two academic programs—Leadership and Policy Studies (LDPS) and Higher Ed/Adult Education (HIAD). Both programs prepare current and aspiring leaders to excel in a variety of leadership positions, including K-12 school administrators, district superintendents, higher education administrators, and leaders of government agencies, nongovernmental organizations, and industry.
Student Forms Update
Students, please read the following carefully! Students are now responsible for filling out, acquiring relevant signatures and completing all forms for academic progression through respective programs (including graduation paperwork). Not all paperwork is necessary for each student. Depending on program (Doctorate, Masters, Certificate), there are specific forms for each (all listed below). As you near/complete program milestones (comprehensive exams, dissertation defenses, etc.), you are responsible for filling out the appropriate paperwork and circulating it for signatures. This includes acquiring the College of Education Graduate director’s signature (Dr. Steve Zanskas, Associate Dean, email@example.com).
These forms are currently available for download and electronic completion. Forms should be filled out and circulated via email. Eventually, all paperwork will be disseminated via Softdocs paperwork population software. In time, the UofM Graduate School will update forms to reflect the Softdocs submission change. Finalized documents (with all requisite signatures) must be submitted to and reviewed by the graduate analyst, Peggy Callahan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have questions, please email Peggy Callahan or the Department of Leadership’s academic advisor, Whitney Horton (email@example.com).
Relevant forms (including instructional guidelines) may be found on the Grad School website (memphis.edu/gradschool/resources/forms_index.php >). ONLY FORMS LISTED BELOW SHOULD BE COMPLETED BY STUDENTS unless department administration indicates otherwise.
List of forms
- Comprehensive examination form (masters, certificate and doctoral students)
- Doctoral Degree Candidacy form (doctoral students)
- Graduate Certificate Candidacy form (certificate students)
- Masters Degree Candidacy form (masters students)
- Thesis/Dissertation Faculty Committee form (doctoral students—masters if writing a thesis)
- Thesis/Dissertation “Proposal” Defense form (doctoral students—masters if writing a thesis)
- Human Subjects Research/IRB form (doctoral students—masters students if writing a thesis)
- Thesis/Dissertation “Final” Defense Results form (doctoral students—masters if writing a thesis)
- Thesis/Dissertation Checklist form (doctoral students—masters if writing a thesis)
- Thesis/Dissertation Electronic Submission Approval form (doctoral students—masters if writing a thesis)
- ProQuest Dissertation Publishing Agreement form (doctoral students—masters if writing a thesis)
- Request to Submit a Late Dissertation of Thesis form (doctoral students—masters if writing a thesis): Only to be submitted if final defense is completed after graduate school deadlines.