GRADUATE ASSISTANTS NEEDED!!!
Department of Leadership is looking for 2 Graduate Assistantships for the Fall 2016 and Spring 2017. Graduate assistantships are available and are awarded on a competitive basis within the department. Assistantships are normally renewed for one year depending upon the performance of assistantship duties and the progress being made towards a degree. The candidates that will be successful in being awarded this Graduate Assistantship should be able to do the following duties:
- Participates actively in staff meetings and retreats taking minutes
- Collaborates with the Administrative Associate on special mailings and other special events
- Aids with research and writing as needed by faculty
- Ability to communicate and maintain a professional demeanor
- Organizational skills relating to the administrative duties of the position including writing and filing
- Strong grammar, editing, and writing skills
- Proficiency in typing
- Facility in multitasking between a several projects with a variety of deadlines
- Help oversee the reception area; excellent customer service skills when helping other students with problems whether on the phone or in person
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and to conduct oneself in a highly professional and ethical manner
- Will have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Skype
- Assists department chairperson, faculty members or other professional staff members
- Other duties as assigned
The office hours are 8:00 to 4:30pm Monday thru Friday. Your hours will equal up to 20 hours a week and will be determined by your schedule and the other GA's schedule for the Department.
If you are interested in applying please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it by our office at 123 Ball Hall attention Janet Robbins.
The Department of Leadership is committed to providing a rich teaching and learning environment for developing administrative leaders, policy analysts, and teachers. Department members promote student, faculty, and community growth through dedicated, transformational leadership within the teaching, research, and service goals of the University.
The Department of Leadership offers the Master of Science, Education Specialist, and Doctor of Education degrees. Students seeking a graduate degree from the Department of Leadership choose from programs which focus on K-12 administration or higher and adult education.
Our K-12 administration program provides students with advanced degrees and K-12 administrative licensure opportunities. 2010 has brought significant changes to the licensure process in Tennessee, making it important to consult with a departmental representative about entrance into the licensure program.
Our higher and adult education division trains students for careers in higher education administration, student personnel services, and adult education positions in a variety of settings. Our graduates have found success in a wider variety of career fields.
The purpose of the Leadership department at the University of Memphis is to educate current and future scholars and practitioners from diverse leadership settings by transforming theory into practice in a manner that will enable them to become highly effective in their chosen profession. Our areas of focus include: Community Education, Elementary and Secondary Education, Central Office Administration, School based Administration, higher Education, Adult Education, Federal and State Departments of Education and other leadership roles.
Producing Visionary Leaders with Solutions for Success.
Our degrees lead to careers in two different worlds of education: K-12 and Higher and Adult Education. For information about admission and advising to our specific programs, please contact the program coordinator for the license, certificate or degree you seek.
Deadlines to apply for Leadership and HIAD (Higher Ed and Adult Education) are:
Fall: April 1, Spring: November 1.
Programs of StudyLeadership & Policy Studies - Programs
- Memphis Leadership Scholars Program MS
- Educational Leadership EdD
- Policy Studies EdD
- Adult Education EdD
- Leadership MS
- Higher Education EdD
- Student Personnel MS
- Community College Teaching & Leadership Cert. Cert
- Internships and Graduate Assistantships