POSITION AS A STUDENT OFFICE ASSISTANT
STUDENT OFFICE ASSISTANT JOB SUMMARY:
The Housing and Residence Life - Student Office Assistant (SOA) will work up to 20 hours per week as a part of the Housing and Residence Life main office team located in Centennial Place. Employees will be chosen based on several factors including communication skills, work experience, customer service, leadership and knowledge of the campus. The SOA will be responsible for helping staff the front desk area and supporting customer service requests in person, via telephone or other media outlets. The SOA will report directly to the Housing and Residence Life Supervisor.
- Staff Housing and Residence Life office front desk (4 hours per day), working assigned shifts. The work schedule will be determined in advance and will only include weekdays, based around the student’s class schedule.
- Receive and direct phone calls
- Assist Housing and Residence Life office team in mail delivery, document shredding, and physical/electronic filing
- Provide directions and information for students and guests
- Provide student and guest tours
- Complete tasks assigned by Housing and Residence Life Supervisor
- Maintain a pleasant attitude and professional appearance
- Represent the Department of Housing and Residence Life in a respectful and competent manner
- Maintain a clean and professional work space including a well-organized information desk
- Must be a student enrolled at the University of Memphis
- Must be a Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate Student
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be available to work shifts between 8:00am and 4:30pm Monday-Friday
- Must be knowledgeable of the campus
- Must wear appropriate office attire—business casual preferred
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- May not be employed at another job on campus
Applications are now open for the Fall 2020 semester!