The Department of Housing and Residence Life is very excited to welcome our new and returning residents home for the spring semester!
Official move-in dates:
- August 21st – Centennial Place
- August 22nd – Living Learning Complex
- August 23rd – Rawls, Smith, and South Halls
- August 24th – Lambuth Campus
- August 25th – Carpenter Complex and Park Avenue
Residents arriving on campus for Fall 2023 academic year are required to sign-up for move-in appointments through the online Housing Portal (where students originally applied for housing).
The appointment window is set for 30 minutes; however, students will have a 2-hour period to move their belongings into their room. We ask that students limit the number of people assisting with their move-in as much as possible, with a maximum of three (3) guests allowed during a move-in appointment.
- Early check/move-in times will not be available this spring.
- Students who are suspected to have, confirmed to have, or who have been in sustained proximity to someone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19, will need to complete their self-isolation period before scheduling a move-in appointment. For the latest including COVID-19 updates from the University of Memphis, please visit memphis.edu/coronavirusupdates.
- If a student is unable to move-in during the above dates they will need to communicate via email with the Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) of their assigned residence hall. Appointments will be available on a limited basis.
- Housing@memphis.edu *Students who have not checked-in by Sunday, August 27 at 5 p.m. (who have not made arrangements with our office) will count as a no-show and may lose their space and be assessed a cancellation fee.
- To check in, you'll need a valid ID Card
- You MUST be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at the time of check-in.
- Have all immunizations required by state and University policies.
- Have a completed Housing Contract
*Students that have not completed these items will not be able to complete their check-in and move-in to their spring housing assignment.
|Your check-in location
|Shirley C. Raines Centennial Place
|CP Room 170 (by South CP Entrance)
|Living Learning Complex (LLC)
|LLC Classrooms (off of main lobby)
|Carpenter Community Bldg.
|Park Ave. Office (1040 Dan Kuykendall Cove)
Arrival - Traffic & Parking
Rawls and Smith - 415 State St.
Enter campus from Central Ave. onto Patterson. Turn left onto Veterans for drop-off location. After drop-off, park in Lot 29 off of Patterson/Norriswood or FIT parking garage (Lot 40).
- Make sure you've checked the What to Bring list for what to bring with you and what to leave at home.
- Check the housing portal for your assignment and roommate information. Reach out to your roommate about what shared items to bring.
- For convenient gated parking close to your residence hall, we recommend purchasing a Resident Priority Parking Pass. They will be available for purchase beginning in December.
- Read and understand our Housing Policies.
- Review your family's insurance policy or consider obtaining renter's insurance to protect your belongings.
- Check your memphis.edu email regularly as we will be sending important information about move-in.