Warm Welcome is our 2-day event that kicks off our housing move-in for the 2019 Fall semester! We will have hundreds of volunteers from across campus available to assist. Police Services will be directing traffic and we'll have plenty of cold beverages to help you stay cool. We look forward to meeting all of our new Tigers and welcoming back our returning residents!
Official Warm Welcome event - Monday, August 19 & Tuesday, August 20, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Each residence hall/floor will have an assigned move-in date and time. Check back soon for more information. You will also receive an email with this information.
If you aren't arriving during Warm Welcome, these are your check-in times:
Wednesday, August 21 1 - 4 p.m.
Thursday, August 22 1 - 4 p.m.
Friday, August 23 1 - 4 p.m.
Saturday, August 24 1 - 4 p.m.
*If you cannot make these dates or times, please email email@example.com to make arrangements.
**Arrivals after Saturday, August 24 4 p.m. (who have not made arrangements with our office) will count as a no-show, lose their space and be assessed a $200 cancellation fee.
|Your assignment||Your check-in location|
|Centennial Place||CP room 189 (by south CP entrance)|
|Living Learning Complex||LLC classrooms (off of main lobby)|
|Rawls Hall||Rawls - main lobby|
|Smith Hall||Smith - main lobby|
|South Hall||South - main lobby|
|Carpenter Complex||Carpenter Community Bldg.|
|Park Ave.||Park Ave. Office (1040 Dan Kuykendall Cove)|
- To check in, you'll need your valid UofM ID.
- You MUST be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours (graduate students - 3 hrs) at time of check-in.
Arrival - Traffic & Parking
- Make sure you've checked the What to Bring list for what to bring with you and what to leave at home.
- Check the housing portal for your assignment and roommate information. Reach out to your roommate about what shared items to bring.
- For convenient gated parking close to your residence hall, we recommend purchasing a Resident Priority Parking Pass. They will be available for purchase beginning in August.
- If you'll be receiving mail or packages, campus mailboxes are available for rent.
- Read and understand our Housing Policies.
- Review your family's insurance policy or consider obtaining renter's insurance to protect your belongings.
- Check your memphis.edu email regularly as we will be sending important information about move-in.
- Download our app for all your Residence Life and move-in information at your fingertips!
If you are not happy with your current residence hall or roommate, official Room Change occurs August 29 and 30, 1 - 4 p.m. NO MOVES ARE ALLOWED PRIOR TO THIS TIME. You will receive more information at check-in. (We cannot guarantee room change requests.)
Check out all the back to school activities on the main campus during our Weeks of Welcome 2019!