In accordance with the University's plans and preparations for a return "to a fully face-to-face campus" this fall, the Department of Housing and Residence Life looks forward to welcoming our new and returning Tigers to their campus home!!
For the health and safety of our campus community, all residents will be required to schedule move-in appointments to complete a check-in for their fall housing assignment. We require all residents to strictly adhere to their scheduled time; you will have a 2-hour window to move your belongings into your room and we ask that you limit the number of people assisting you with your move-in as much as possible, with a maximum of three (3) guests allowed during your move-in appointment.
Official move-in dates – Wednesday, August 18 – Friday, August 20, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m..
- Move-in times will be by appointment only.
- Students will receive an email later this summer from our Department with more information on their move-in and how to schedule a move-in appointment.
* Early check/move-in times will not be available this fall.
** Students who are suspected to have, confirmed to have, or have been in sustained proximity to someone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19, will need to complete their self-isolation period before scheduling a move-in appointment.
*** If a student is unable to move-in during the August 18 - 20 they will need to communicate via email with the Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) of their assigned residence hall. Appointments will be available on a limited basis.
****Arrivals after Sunday, August 22 at 5 p.m. (who have not made arrangements with our office) will count as a no-show, lose their space and be assessed a $200 cancellation fee.
- To check in, you'll need a valid ID Card
- You MUST be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at the time of check-in.
- Have all immunizations required by state and University policies.
- Have a completed updated 2021 – 2022 Housing Contract
*Students that have not completed these items will not be able to complete their check-in and move-in to their fall housing assignment.
|Your assignment||Your check-in location|
|Centennial Place||Tent located off of Central Ave., behind the building|
|Living Learning Complex (LLC)||Tent located off of Patterson, in front of the building|
|Rawls Hall||Tent located in front of the building.|
|Smith Hall||Tent located in front of the building.|
|South Hall||Tent located in front of the building.|
|Carpenter Complex||Tent located outside the Carpenter Community Bldg.|
|Park Ave.||Tent located outside the Park Ave. Office (1040 Dan Kuykendall Cove)|
Arrival - Traffic & Parking
- Make sure you've checked the What to Bring list for what to bring with you and what to leave at home.
- Check the housing portal for your assignment and roommate information. Reach out to your roommate about what shared items to bring.
- For convenient gated parking close to your residence hall, we recommend purchasing a Resident Priority Parking Pass. They will be available for purchase beginning in August.
- If you'll be receiving mail or packages, campus mailboxes are available for rent.
- Read and understand our Housing Policies.
- Review your family's insurance policy or consider obtaining renter's insurance to protect your belongings.
- Check your memphis.edu email regularly as we will be sending important information about move-in.