For the health and safety of our campus community, all residents are required to schedule a move-in appointment in order to check-in to their fall housing assignment. We require all residents to strictly adhere to their scheduled time; you will have a 2-hour window to move your belongings into your room and we ask that you limit the number of people assisting you with your move-in to two (2).
Official move-in dates – Monday, August 10 – Saturday, August 15, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m..
On Monday, August 10 move-in times will be reserved for the following groups:
- Housing & Residence Life Student Staff
- Band Students
- Summer 2020 residents transitioning to their Fall assignments
Tuesday, August 11 – Saturday, August 15
- Move-in times will be by appointment only.
* Early check/move-in times will not be available this fall.
** Students who are suspected to have, confirmed to have, or have been in sustained proximity to someone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19, please wait to complete your 14-day self-isolation period before scheduling your move-in appointment.
*** If a student is unable to move-in during the August 11 - 15 they will need to communicate via email with the Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) of their assigned residence hall. Appointments will be available on a limited basis.
****Arrivals after Sunday, August 16 5 p.m. (who have not made arrangements with our office) will count as a no-show, lose their space and be assessed a $200 cancellation fee.
- To check in, you'll need a valid ID Card
- You MUST be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at the time of check-in.
- Have all immunizations required by state and University policies.
- Have a completed updated 2020 – 2021 Housing Contract
- Have a completed 2020 – 2021 Housing Contract Addendum
*During check/move-in residents and their two guests assisting with their move-in are required to wear a mask/face covering at all times.
**Students that have not completed these items will not be able to complete their check-in and move-in to their fall housing assignment.
|Your assignment||Your check-in location|
|Centennial Place||Tent located off of Central Ave., behind the building|
|Living Learning Complex (LLC)||Tent located off of Patterson, in front of the building|
|Rawls Hall||Tent located in front of the building.|
|Smith Hall||Tent located in front of the building.|
|Fogelman Executive Center (FEC)||Tent located on Innovation Dr., in front of the building|
|Carpenter Complex||Tent located outside the Carpenter Community Bldg.|
|Park Ave.||Tent located outside the Park Ave. Office (1040 Dan Kuykendall Cove)|
Arrival - Traffic & Parking
- Make sure you've checked the What to Bring list for what to bring with you and what to leave at home.
- Check the housing portal for your assignment and roommate information. Reach out to your roommate about what shared items to bring.
- For convenient gated parking close to your residence hall, we recommend purchasing a Resident Priority Parking Pass. They will be available for purchase beginning in August.
- If you'll be receiving mail or packages, campus mailboxes are available for rent.
- Read and understand our Housing Policies.
- Review your family's insurance policy or consider obtaining renter's insurance to protect your belongings.
- Check your memphis.edu email regularly as we will be sending important information about move-in.
- Download our app for all your Housing and Residence Life and move-in information at your fingertips!