Student and Faculty Resources

The University College offers individualized and interdisciplinary degrees for students seeking specialized areas of interest not traditionally offered by other colleges on the University of Memphis campus.  Our faculty and staff strive to assist our students with the best degree choices to meet their unique academic and career goals. Our department also provides guidance with a variety of student resources that are integral components to student success.

Students interested in pursuing an University College undergraduate degree must first complete our Declaration of Major form. To access this form, be sure to use the most current version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. 

Academic Advising is available in-person, by phone and web conference. Advisors provide guidance with degree plans, course choices, support services, career goals and a variety of other student needs.

University College who are advised to register for a restricted course must request a permit from the academic department who controls the course. Review instructions on how to request a permit.

All University College students must complete 6 credit hours of Thematic Studies courses. These courses are offered on campus and online in many interdisciplinary topics.

University College Students who wish to complete a minor must complete our minor application and get approval from both the graduation analyst of the minor they are seeking as well as the University College graduation analyst, Jackie Cole.

University College students considering a late withdrawal must first meet with their college advisor to determine if there is a cause for a retroactive/late withdrawal. Advisors will then determine the student's need and provide them a packet to complete.

Internships provide valuable learning experiences related to coursework and areas of study. A successful internship provides an effective learning experience under the supervision of a faculty member and an employer in the community.

University College offers several scholarships for students meeting the stated requirements. Students may apply for scholarships through Tiger Scholarship Manager.

Undergraduate students who are within two semesters of graduation should review the required process to file for graduation. All parts must be completed by the posted deadline.

Graduate students who are beginning their final semester of graduation must review the required process to file for graduation.