A college education is an investment in your future, and the first step to making your dreams happen is to understand how to finance your education. We are here to make sure you have the answers you need.
The Student Financial Aid Office administers federal, state, and institutional aid programs to qualified students. In order to apply for any federal aid for college, you must first fill out and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This application is used by the federal government, state aid agencies, and institutions to determine your eligibility for many types of aid including grants, loans, and even scholarships. You need to file a FAFSA each year you wish to receive aid.
We know the cost of a college education and available financial assistance are crucial considerations when selecting a college. Our Financial Aid Road Map is a publication we hope will help answer your questions about financial aid and assist with your college enrollment decision. If you have questions, talk to one of our financial aid experts in person, via email, or at 901.678.4825. We are happy to assist you!
Important News and Financial Aid Updates
Course Program of Study (CPOS)
Course Program of Study (CPOS) consists of the courses used to complete an approved and declared degree program (including declared minors). To be counted toward a student's Federal Financial Aid eligibility, a course must count toward the completion of the declared program of study. The University of Memphis implemented CPOS beginning with the Spring 2019 semester and all future terms. Additional information is available on our Course Program of Study FAQ page.
Commercial Aviation Program
University College has partnered with CTI Flight Training to offer a Commercial Aviation program. CTI is an FAA Part 141-approved flight school located just minutes from the University's Millington campus. With the CTI partnership, students will have seamless access to both flight training and curriculum support.
The 120-credit hour bachelor's degree in Commercial Aviation includes 61 credit hours in professional aviation instruction. The degree also incorporates management and business operations courses, and will prepare students for careers in corporate aviation, general aviation, aviation-related business, airport operations and governmental regulation of aviation. For more information on the program, call 901.678.2716 or visit the Commercial Aviation website.
Federal and state financial aid is available to students who qualify based on the
submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
For more information about financial aid opportunities, visit our FAQ page and select the Commercial Aviation question.
Information Regarding the New FAFSA Changes!
003509 is the school code for the University of Memphis.
|FAFSA Year||Semesters Covered||Priority Deadline||TSAA Priority Deadline|
|2019-2020 FAFSA||Fall 2019, Spring 2020, Summer 2020||March 1, 2019||February 1, 2019|
|2018-2019 FAFSA||Fall 2018, Spring 2019, Summer 2019||March 1, 2018||January 17, 2018|
- Apply for an FSA ID (required to complete the FAFSA)
- Watch a quick tutorial on how to apply for an FSA ID
- Complete the FAFSA
- View IRS Data Retrieval Tool Status
- Without the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, students can still complete the FAFSA. However, students selected for verification will be required to request a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS at Get Transcript tool.
- Submit Documents - Students must also submit any other required documents in order to complete the financial aid application prior to being awarded. Requirements are posted on myMemphis. Visit our Step-by-Step page for detailed instructions on how to check on your status and determine if you have missing requirements.
How to Accept/Decline Your Award Offer(s)
- Log on to your myMemphis account
- Click on the Account$ tab
- Scroll down, then click on the Financial Aid Awards link
- NOTE: If you do not have this link/"channel", call the ITS Service Desk at 901-678-8888.
- Select the appropriate aid year (Aid Year 2019-2020), then Submit
- Read the information under the General Information tab (note that the Accept Award Offer tab is not yet activated)
- Click on the Terms and Conditions tab, then scroll down to 'Accept' (the Terms and Conditions)
- Click on the Accept Award Offer tab, then scroll down
- Click on the drop down box next to your award OFFER and select an option.
Sign up online NOW for eRefunds to receive excess financial aid and fee refunds.
**New - View Financial Wellness Course
(Designed to enhance student financial knowledge and highlight financial behaviors.)
|Contact Us:||Financial Aid Office||Phone: 901.678.4825|
|103 Wilder Tower||Fax: 901.678.3590|
|Memphis, TN 38152-3520||E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Office hours are: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm