Post Office Box Rental Information
- Post office boxes are available for rent to faculty, staff, students and school organizations.
- Rental fee for a student mailbox is $15 for each fall and spring semester. The rental fee for UofM faculty, staff, and organizations mailbox is $22 for each fall and spring semester.
- You are responsible for the security of your mailbox key. The replacement fee for lost or stolen keys is $10.
- Per United States Postal Services regulations, mailboxes cannot be shared.
- Your account will be charged each subsequent semester until you officially close your mailbox and return your key.
- Fees are non-refundable and subject to change.
To request a University of Memphis mailbox rental:
- Login to the Campus Mailbox system.
- Verify your information is correct.
- Submission of the form is your electronic agreement to the rental terms.
- Pick up your mail box key at the Campus Postal Station 259 University Center, 8:00am-4:15pm Monday through Thursday.
- Keys not picked up by May 10 (spring semester) or December 10 (fall semester) from the day the form was submitted will result in the mailbox being automatically closed.
If further assistance regarding this process is needed, please call 901.678.2380.
Residence Hall Students
Students who reside on campus in residence halls must rent a mailbox in order to receive mail.
Organization sponsored mailboxes
Organizations requesting a mailbox outside of the Registered Student Organization (RSO) office in the UC must have a University Banner ID for the organization and a faculty or staff sponsor. To request a mailbox go to the Campus Postal Station with the organization's Banner ID, advisor's name, e-mail address and phone number.
[Box Number] Campus Postal Station
The University of Memphis
Memphis, TN 38152
*Lack of a box number could result in mail being returned to the sender.
Notification in writing will be made when articles too big for the box are received. These articles must be picked up between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:15 p.m. at the Campus Postal Station in 259 University Center. The notice and an ID must be presented at the time of pickup.
CANCELLING YOUR MAILBOX
- Return your mailbox key to the Campus Postal Station located in 259 University Center. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:15pm.
- To avoid future charges your key must be returned and mailbox closed.
- Fill out a change of address card so that mail can be forwarded to your new address.
If you receive unsolicited or unwanted mail, simply write "refused" in the piece of mail and return it unopened. Postage is not required for returning mail when it is unopened. Mail which has been refused by the addressee will be returned to sender or disposed of by the Postal Service, in accordance with postal regulations.