Supplier Diversity Business Program
The University of Memphis is committed to making supplier diversity an integral part of the way we do business -- creating mutually beneficial relationships with small, minority, service-disabled veteran and women-owned businesses. We seek to identify and encourage these diverse businesses to provide quality goods and services for the University at the best value and within the appropriate time frame.
The objective of our program is to include qualified diverse suppliers in every sourcing opportunity based on University needs whenever these suppliers exist. We foster fair, ethical and legal trade practices at all times. To receive bid opportunities from University of Memphis, register here. All bid opportunities are advertised through Tigerbuy and the University's Bid Calendar. Suppliers may request specific bid opportunities by e-mail at email@example.com. For questions or additional information, please call 901.678.2265.
We have a team of staff dedicated to establishing relationships with diverse suppliers assisting them by:
- Advocating inclusion of diverse suppliers in the procurement activities of the University
- Providing a connecting link between diverse suppliers and the University
- Providing educational programs and outreach to the diverse supplier community
- Encouraging alliances and partnerships with diverse suppliers and majority corporations
- Engaging in external activities geared toward recruiting diverse suppliers to the University
- Encouraging certification with the Tennessee Governor's Office of Diversity and the Memphis Minority Business Continuum