COE Undergraduate Praxis Scholarship
The University of Memphis College of Education invests in future educators. With a dedication to equity, the Praxis Scholarship provides financial assistance to undergraduate students who are pursuing a teaching degree in the College of Education.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduate Juniors enrolled in the College of Education at the University of Memphis who will complete their Residency between Fall 2023-Spring 2024.
- Applicants must have an overall GPA of 2.75
- Applicants must major in Teaching All Learners (TALN), Human Development and Learning (HDVL) or Secondary Math (SCED Math)
- 2023 Scholarship deadline, March 15, 2023
How to Apply:
Click the button below to complete the application and to submit a response to the following statement: How does receiving this scholarship help you to reach your goal of becoming a classroom teacher? (150-word minimum)
If awarded the scholarship, you will be required to:
- Take the Praxis exam within the semester in which the scholarship is awarded.
- The University of Memphis College of Education will provide a voucher for the scholarship recipients to use when they register for the exam.
- Provide evidence of registering for and taking the exam to Ms. Ayanna Perkins (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Office of Teacher Education and Clinical Practice.
- Applicants must register within 30 days of receiving the ETS voucher
For questions or more information, contact The Office of Teacher Education and Clinical Practice at email@example.com.