PRAXIS Exams Information
The following information is for candidates that need to take either the Core Academic Skills for Educators (Core) Tests or any of the Praxis II Series exams. The ETS Tennessee Praxis Homepage offers a list of required exams, a store for purchasing test prep, a calendar of test dates & times, online registration for your exams and more. Candidates registering for Praxis exams must enter the following codes when indicating where scores will be sent:
- University of Memphis: 1459
Department of Education of Tennessee: 8190
Also, it is important for candidates to enter their social security number on the registration form and the examination form. If candidates fail to do so, their scores will not be identifiable by the College of Education or the State Department of Education for licensure purposes. ETS charges a fee to reissue scores with Social Security Numbers.
For Praxis Core study resources, test-taking tips, and videos, click here!
Previous Praxis Bootcamp Sessions
Watch Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 Praxis Bootcamp Zoom sessions
- Praxis 5543: Special Education
- Praxis 5004: Social Studies >
- Praxis 5025: Early Childhood Education >
- Praxis 5002: Elementary Reading and Language Arts >
- Praxis 5003: Mathematics >
- Praxis 5005: Science >
- Praxis 5205: Teaching Reading Session 1 (Co-sponsored by Phi Delta Kappa Delta Mu Chapter) >
- Praxis 5205: Teaching Reading Session 2 (Co-sponsored by Phi Delta Kappa Delta Mu Chapter) >
OTECP Praxis Resources
We are offering a variety of Praxis supports this semester. Complete this survey> to choose the supports that interest you.
- Praxis Bootcamp
- 1:1 Praxis Conversation with Mrs. Ayanna Perkins about goal development, resources and test results.
- Volunteer - If you have passed the exam and you want to provide live or on-demand support to your peers, please complete the survey. Your support is critical!
- View the UofM Library Lib Guide> to learn about websites and books filled with test-taking tips
- Books and eBooks> on studying for the Praxis available from the UofM library
240 Tutoring is an online system that provides online, self-directed Praxis preparation for most Praxis examinations. As a UofM student, you can request to use the system here. After requesting a registration, look out for an email to sign up for your 240 tutoring account with 48 hours. Please sign up for 240 tutoring no earlier than 1-2 months prior to taking the exam.
Learn with Chegg
Chegg > is a free learning resource that provides students with comprehensive information on a wide range of topics spanning relevant coursework like Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Statistics and more!
Praxis Exam Requirements
View the 2021 Praxis Exams required for certification by subject, including test numbers, 2021 test dates and passing scores.
For additional information on the required exams for Tennessee licensure, please visit www.ets.org.