Ph.D., University of California, San Diego
B.A., Florida State University
- Cognitive Science
- Discourse Processing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computational Procedures
- Text Comprehension
- Human and Computer Tutoring
- Design of Educational Software
- Human-Computer Interaction
- D’Mello, S. K. & Graesser, A. C. (2012). AutoTutor and affective AutoTutor: Learning by talking with cognitively and emotionally intelligent computers that talk back. ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems, 2(4), 23:2-23:39.
- Graesser, A.C. (2011). Learning, thinking, and emoting with discourse technologies. American Psychologist, 66, 743-757.
- Graesser, A.C., & McNamara, D.S. (2011). Computational analyses of multilevel discourse comprehension. Topics in Cognitive Science, 3, 371-398.
- Graesser, A.C., McNamara, D.S., & Kulikowich, J. (2011). Coh-Metrix: Providing multilevel analyses of text characteristics. Educational Researcher, 40, 223-234.
- Graesser, A.C., & D’Mello, S. (2012). Emotions during the learning of difficult material. In. B. Ross (Eds.), The Psychology of Learning and Motivation, vol. 57 (183-225). Elsevier.
- McNamara, D.S., Graesser, A.C., McCarthy, P.M., Cai, Z. (2014). Automated evaluation of text and discourse with Coh-Metrix. Cambridge, MA: Cambridge University Press.
- Rus, V., D’Mello, S., Hu, X., & Graesser, A.C. (in press). Recent advances in intelligent systems with conversational dialogue. AI Magazine.