Graduate Application Instructions
Robert Cohen, Psychology Graduate Programs Coordinator
Thank you for your interest in Graduate Training in the Department of Psychology at The University of Memphis which is organized around Graduate Programs, Research Areas, and Faculty mentors. Instructions on how to apply are listed below the organization descriptions.
There are five Graduate Programs (Deadlines for applications):
- Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology (December 1)
- Doctoral Program in Experimental Psychology (January 15)
- Doctoral Program in School Psychology (December 15)
- Master's Degree Program in General Psychology - MSGP (May 1)
- Master of Arts Program in School Psychology (June 15)
There are five general Research Areas (note Graduate Programs for each)
- Behavioral Neuroscience (Experimental Program)
- Child and Family Studies (Clinical, Experimental, both School Programs)
- Cognitive Psychology (Experimental Program)
- Clinical Health Psychology (Clinical Program)
- Psychotherapy Research (Clinical Program)
- NOTE: All research areas are available to students in the MSGP Program.
- NOTE: All School Program applicants are in the "Child and Family Studies" research area.
For more information about Programs and Research Areas, visit the Department of Psychology Graduate Pages.
There are over 30 full-time Psychology Faculty with active research programs.
For more information about Faculty within Programs and Research Areas, visit this link.
To Apply for Admission
To complete the Psychology Department Graduate Application you need to be ready to:
- Choose a program of study.
- Choose a research area.
- List names (Last Name only) of up to 3 University of Memphis Psychology Department faculty with whom you are interested in working. Faculty Names, Programs and Research Areas may be found here (open pdf).
- Report your overall GPA score.
- Submission of GRE scores is NOT required for ANY Psychology Graduate program, and should not be submitted.
- List institutions attended with dates, degrees, and majors.
- Supply e-mail addresses and telephone numbers for three recommenders who will be automatically notified to send letters of recommendation after the recommendation request is saved.
- List psychology related courses taken, with grades.
- List academic honors and awards.
- List psychology publications and presentations.
- List psychology related research and work experiences.
- Provide a maximum 1500 word essay. The essay varies by Psychology Program. Descriptions of these essays may be found here.
Thank you for your interest in the Department of Psychology Graduate Programs.
All Psychology Doctoral Programs
will be opened
September 10, 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact our Graduate Coordinator: Dr. Robert Cohen firstname.lastname@example.org