May 2020 Commencement: Online Commencement
Today is a day to celebrate someone very special to us, YOU and all of your family and friends! Join us as we celebrate our graduating class (students who were scheduled to participate in the May 9th, in-person ceremony) through our online commencement. Although commencement looks a lot different this time, we welcome you to join us online. So, gather your family, friends and pets, as we experience this once-in-a-lifetime celebration. #MemphisGrad2020
- Watch the Premiere starting at 10 AM (Saturday, May 9): Premiere (Scheduled Participants)
- Tributes to our Graduates from Parents, Faculty, Staff and Friends & Family
- 20 for 20: Words of Encouragement to the UofM Class of 2020
- May 2020 Online Commencement Program
- Tag us in your celebrations! We want to see all the ways you are celebrating, so use
this semester’s hashtag #MemphisGrad2020:
- Twitter: UoMCommencement
- Instagram: uomemphisgrad
- Facebook: UofMCommencement
Gowns, hoods, diploma covers and honor cords are unavailable due to production halts as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are not able to release these items at this time, but as soon as we can, we will send out details.
Spring 2020 Commencement At a Glance:
- The total number of degrees and certificates is 2,592, the largest graduating class
- Sixteen undergraduates who have attained a perfect 4.0 GPA during their undergraduate
studies, the highest on record for one semester;
- A record number of doctoral degrees will be awarded – 109;
- Almost 900 students earned academic honors distinction – summa, magna or cum laude;
- Thirty-eight military veterans will graduate.
- Graduates represent 42 states and 32 countries.
- Thirty-four percent of graduates have identified as first-generation.