Step 4 (Attendance/Non-Attendance Form)
The Attendance/Non-Attendance Form (STEP 4) is required and should be completed by all graduating students (undergraduates, masters, specialists, doctoral and law (Law only have to complete this in August and December) within the semester they are graduating. Graduates attending and not attending the ceremony must complete the form. Attendance and non-attendance is collected by semester, so only the current semester graduating student fills out the form. Ceremony attendance information will be collected by the Commencement Office. Watch for an email to your UofM account during the semester you are graduating from our office.
Current semester graduates
Check your Memphis email for the appropriate guidelines and deadlines to complete YOUR Step 4 Form. This form is REQUIRED whether you ARE attending or NOT attending the Commencement ceremony.
Submit your Step 4 Form for the next Commencement ceremony between February 19, 2020 and February 26, 2020. A confirmation email will be sent to your Memphis email account within seconds of submitting this form. Bring this confirmation email with you to Cap and Gown distribution to receive your pronouncer card and cap/gown rental set, which are required for those attending the Commencement ceremony.
This form allows you to:
- Reserve or decline your seat at the upcoming Commencement ceremony
- Confirm your name, degree and any honors are displayed accurately in the Commencement Program
- Confirm completion of your Diploma mailing/Cap and Gown form
When can I submit my form?
Time frame for the required Step 4 Form:
- May graduates should submit the form in late February
- August graduates should submit the form in late June/July
- December graduates should submit the form in late September/early October