RECENT GRADUATES: This process is only for duplicate diplomas. If you are a recent graduate (within 1 year) and have not received your diploma after 3 months from your graduation date, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquiry.
DUPLICATE COPIES: The duplicate diploma process takes 2-3 weeks to process. Please understand this prior to making orders. We currently do not offer digital prints of diplomas. We are unable to provide diplomas same day or earlier than the above mentioned lead time. Duplicate diplomas are available for those who obtained degrees/certificates only. Second majors do not receive additional diplomas with a new date. You can order a duplicate diploma, but understand, it will state the original degree date only. Majors are not reflected on the bachelor diploma.
- If you need a diploma for apostile or notary you have to order the diploma early so you can meet your personal deadline. If you decide to pay for overnight/FedEx expedited shipping, please understand this takes place once the diploma arrives back in the office. The diploma takes approximately 2-3 weeks to arrive in the office.
- We do NOT ship diplomas via FedEx Internationally, or to Hawaii and Alaska.
There is a $20 fee (non-refundable) for diploma reorders/duplicate copies. Once you complete the form you will have the option to pay on-line. We do not accept cash. Before placing an order, please ensure you do not have a Financial Hold with the University and that you have graduated from the University of Memphis. We cannot provide copies to students with financial obligations to the University of Memphis or who have not graduated from this University. We provide duplicate copies to graduates of the University of Memphis only. The fee is non-refundable.
Once we receive your reorder request, it will take no less than two weeks for our vendor to process your diploma (Research, Financial Hold Obligations and or other factors could cause further delay). If you need a duplicate of your diploma, we highly recommend ordering it several weeks before your personal deadline. When we receive your diploma from our vendor we will mail it to you as you specify on the form (standard or expedited shipping (once the diploma returns to the office from the vendor), or you are welcome to pick it up at our office. If you are picking up your diploma in person, please make sure you bring a photo ID. If you would like to specify another individual to pick up your diploma, you must provide documentation to the Commencement Office by emailing us at email@example.com. No diploma will be given to anyone except the graduate without emailed permission to release.
International diploma reorders will be mailed standard shipping only. FedEx overnight shipping is available to USA residences only (excludes Hawaii, Alaska and International) for an extra $18.00 and is non-refundable. FedEx occurs once the diploma is back in the office, after the two week lead time. No diploma is available next day or same day of order. Standard lead time on all diploma orders is two weeks from the day of order. If you live outside of the USA, the fast way to receive your diploma may be to indicate "Pick up" on your order form, ask someone who lives in the Memphis area to pick it up for you, then have that person mail it to you expedited mail. In order for us to release your diploma to someone else, we require an authorization email from you granting us permission and the name of the person who will be picking it up.
Name Changes. If your name has changed or you would like to order an additional (duplicate) copy of your diploma because of a change in name, former name, etc., please understand that we follow Name Change practices and you may be required to do an official name change with the University. Before placing your order, you may want to contact our office to ensure your diploma will be ordered with the name you prefer and if not, how to go about changing your name.
Bachelor: 14 across x 11 down
Masters: 14 x 11
Doctoral: 14 x 17
Juris Doctor (law): 14 x 17
Joint BioMedical: 14 x 17
Graduate Certificate: 8.5 x 11
What is on the diploma?
- Student’s name
- College or School Name
- University Name
- Date of Graduation
- Academic honors (if earned)
- College honors (if earned)
Departmental honors (if earned)
Instructions to order a duplicate copy of your diploma
- Visit the Diploma Reorder Form
- We suggest using Browser: Google Chrome when completing the form.
- Pay $20.00 (non-refundable) online using credit card on a secure website or mail-in payment (make checks payable
to the University of Memphis).
- Mail-In Payments take additional processing time. We must receive payment before ordering.
- Fill out one form per degree (for example, BA and MA).
- Each reordered diploma will state "Duplicate" at the bottom, centered portion of the diploma.
(Please disable pop-up blocker if applicable. Form will open in a new window)
Important: Please note that a returned check or credit card service fee is $30. This fee applies to each check/draft or credit card returned unpaid by your financial institution. This fee will be assessed if a keying error on your part results in your financial institution's failure to honor the draft.
- Diplomas are considered state documents and must be provided to the graduate or a designee by the graduate (see above).
- Pick Ups: Pick ups of diplomas, covers, etc. must be scheduled individually and pick ups are only available from our office 9:00 am-3:00 pm Tuesday-Thursdays, weekly. Please understand that during peak event times we are unavailable in our office, so it is highly recommended to call us prior to coming by.
Lambuth campus diploma inquiries
We are sorry, but there is no way to provide a copy or duplicate of a Lambuth University diploma, since the University is now closed.
However, the current University of Memphis Lambuth campus does keep Lambuth academic
records and you can request proof of graduation by obtaining a transcript, very easily.
The transcript request form found online at
Former Lambuth University Students and fax it to (731) 425-1916 or you can speak with Ann Childs at (731) 425-1988.