Dr. Sabya Mishra
Professor, Department of Civil Engineering
Dr. Sabya Mishra
Dr. Sabya Mishra is a Professor of Civil Engineering and the co-director of Smart Cities Research Cluster at FedEx Institute of Technology at the University of Memphis. His expertise includes travel demand modeling, network investment decision making, transportation planning, economics, and the impact of disruptive technological innovations on transportation. He is involved with several national and state Transportation projects from the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT), Federal Highway Administration, Tennessee DOT, Maryland State Highway Administration, Maryland DOT, and Michigan DOT. His recently completed projects include integrating freight considerations into the highway capacity planning process, development of a statewide tour based freight model in the national capital region of the US, and the adoption of autonomous vehicles by individuals and freight organizations. He has published over 120 articles in peer-reviewed journals and conferences. Dr. Mishra is the vice-chair of Transportation Economics Committee (ABE20) and Freight Economics and Regulation Committee (AT010) of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) of the National Academy of Sciences; American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE), and Association of Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI).
Dr. Mishra's leadership activity and international/national committees
- Vice-chair, Transportation Economics (ABE 20) committee of Transportation Research Board, National Academies of Science, 2018-2024.
- Faudree Professorship, University of Memphis, 2019
- Co-director, SMART Cities research cluster, FedEx Institute of Technology, 2018.
- Scientific Committee Member, Transportation Planning and Implementation Methodologies for Developing Countries, Mumbai, India, 2017.
- Editorial-board, Transport Policy Journal, 2018-Present.
- Freight Transportation Economics Group Member, National Academies of Science, 2016-2022.
- Member, Tennessee Traffic Signal User Group User Steering Committee (TTSUG), State of TN, 2019-Present.
- Excellence in Civil Engineering Education (ExCEEd) Fellow, ASCE, 2015.