The Helen Hardin Honors College welcomes the involvement of UofM faculty and advisors in our efforts to promote high impact practices on campus. Faculty and advisors are encouraged to support the activities of the Honors College by helping with the academic advising and recruitment of students.
Get Involved with the Honors College
UofM faculty may get involved in the Honors College in the following ways:
- Teach an Honors course and/or forum
- Serve as faculty advisor for a student's Honors Thesis
- Serve on an advisory committee for the Honors College
- Encourage eligible students to apply for admission to the Honors College
- Request to post a position (paid or volunteer) for an undergraduate student research assistant
- Serve as Faculty Leader for the annual Spring Honors Study Abroad Tour
- Encourage students to participate in undergraduate research
- Serve as a moderator/reviewer for various undergraduate research events on campus
- Lead a discussion for an Honors Student Organization (HSO) event
- Submit a proposal for a "Last Lecture"